one

Jimin

8:06 am, Thursday

"Bye Eomma!!" I yelled cheerfully as I drug my large suitcase out the front door. I readjusted my book bag and headed down the sidewalk leading to the road.

Today was my big day.

I was moving to Seoul. I got accepted into Master Seoul University. Of course, during my interview they thought I was a girl and lied on my paperwork and almost denied my entrance, but I showed them my ID and they eventually believed I was a boy.

My big dreams were finally coming true! I smiled to myself and kept walking towards the nearest bus stop. I saw one old lady standing there, but other than that the stop was completely empty.

Good, I thought to myself. I deal with extremely bad social anxiety and I didn't feel like having a mini panic attack before my big day.

The bus pulled up to the stop not long after I arrived. Once I climbed up the bus stairs with my suitcase, my cheeks burning in embarrassment from the struggle, I settled into the first seat on the left.

"Moving somewhere?" The bus driver asked me.

"Seoul," I said quietly, not really liking the communication between us as strangers.

"Well thats good! College? A job? A girlfriend?" She pried, not in a rude way, but more like your aunt you see every six years.

"College.." I mumbled, "and I'm gay,"

"Ohh! What college? My sons are gay as well! I haven't seen one of them in years since he left and dropped out of high school, but that was years ago and he probably lives in like the Americas now or something. The other one stops by every now and then but he doesn't know where his brother is either," she sighed.

"Do you mind me asking his name? Or why he left?" I asked, suddenly intrigued by this woman's story.

She heaved a large sigh, "His name was Yoongi. He's probably changed it now, but his birth name is Yoongi. He left us in the 9th grade. He came out as gay with his boyfriend Hoseok. I accepted him but his father did not. They fought continuously during this first semester of Yoongi's high school year. After awhile they both had enough. Yoongi dyed his hair blue, got his first tattoo, and left. He left me."

"Im sorry, you don't have to continue. Id just like to say that I think you are a great lady, and that none of this is your fault.." I said becoming more comfortable.

"Well.. you just go on and take a nap, son. You probably have a big day ahead of you!" She said a little less cheerfully with a tight smile on her face.

I didn't press her any further in fear she might cry, so I leaned my head against the window and tried to drift off..

, Thursday

I woke up to a whole new environment. The bus wasn't stopped yet, but I believe we were getting close. This area looked so busy you would think we were smack in the heart of Seoul. I stretched and ruffled my hair to get out any kinks

"We have about ten more minutes," the bus lady said.

I nodded in approval and pulled out my phone to pull up the map to my apartment. Since Im on a full ride scholarship, it was easy for me to find a nice apartment I could afford off of the money I saved until I find a job. Or a sugar-daddy, but probably just a job.

When the bus stopped, I stood up excitedly and in a hurry. As I was getting off the steps the bus lady yelled, "I hope you have a good time here in Seoul! If you find my son tell me!" She laughed, "that was a joke because you probably wont,"

"Ill do my hardest" I said laughing, "you take care of yourself!"

"Will do!"

The bus doors closed and I inhaled deeply. Officially on my own. Im by myself. At 17. An early graduate going to a huge college. For free. Holy Macaroni.

I started the directions on my phone and began blindly following them. I avoided bumping into anyone and had to almost run away from five people trying to sell me drugs.

"Destination arrived," my phone's robotic voice told me.

I looked up at the apartment complex. It was beautiful. I was definitely going to be safe here. I smiled and walked up to the main building. After 30 minutes of paperwork and assuring the lady I was okay with a roommate, she handed me my key. Number A17.

I looked around the huge parking lot for building A, and found it was almost all the way in the back of the complex. I groaned and started my walk there. When I arrived, I realized that odd numbers were upstairs. I rolled my eyes at the irony and started dragging my heavy suitcase up the stairs with my heavy book bag on my back.

When I made it to the top, number 17 was the first door on the right. Thank god. I used my key to unlock the door and slowly opened it. Anxiety filled my veins as I took a step inside. What if my roommate doesnt like me. What if its a guy. What if its a girl. What if-. I shut myself up. I shook my head and turned the light on. Nobody was in here and the apartment was extremely clean. Like nobody had been here in forever.

The living room was the first thing you see and off to the side you see a small table and a kitchen behind that

The living room was the first thing you see and off to the side you see a small table and a kitchen behind that. The living room had a cute, aesthetic vibe to it. It had a maroon colored couch with lime green and lemon yellow beanbags beside it. There was a bookshelf and a huge flat screen T.V. In front of them. Behind the bean bags was a sliding door. I was in it and there was a hallways. I walked all the way to the end, unsure of which bedroom was mine.

When I opened the door I saw a very dark colored aesthetic room. I saw clothes and belonging so I assumed this was my roommates, and by the looks of it, it was a boy. I walked back down the hallway and opened the door to the other room. It was so cute, yet so empty. Obviously nobody lives here so I walked into this room. I put my book bag on my bed and my suitcase next to it. I had no sheets and no decorations other than a dresser, a bean bag, a T.V. and a lamp.

"I need to go shopping tomorrow," i said, walking back out of my room.

I walked towards the kitchen to see what kind of food was here. There was only water bottles in the fridge and ice in the freezer. Does my roommate not eat? I hesitantly opened the pantry to see nothing but a box of ramyeon. I groaned and pulled out a packet of ramyeon.

"I guess Ill eat this tonight and go buy a ton of food." I shrugged and found all the silver ware and pots, pans, bowls, and plates, "how do you have stuff to eat on, but don't have any food to put on it.

I cooked the ramyeon and put it in a bowl. I went back to my room and pulled out a notebook. I ripped out a sheet of paper and got out my lucky pink pen. I started writing down a list of everything I needed to make this place home.

Finally. I laid down on my bed and tried to get some sleep from my travel lag.