Chapter 28 An Old Ally

Start from the beginning

"I need to get out there to stop Dain before he goes to war against the wrong people," Thorin said as he heads for the rope.

"Climb on my back I'll get you down faster," Inuyasha tells him.

Thorin stares at him for a moment then gets on Inuyasha's back. Inuyasha then leaps off the ramparts and lands on the ground safely. Thorin climbs off his back and thanks Inuyasha. Thorin then takes off running towards the two armies that are about to go to war with each other.

In the meantime, the rest of the Dwarves start climbing the rope down to try to catch up with Thorin. Inuyasha leaps back up to the rampart with Kagome.

"We should go down there too, Kagome."

"No, Inuyasha, Thorin can handle this. We'll wait up here."

"Whatever you say, Kagome."

Thorin tries to push through the Elves but they will not budge. Thorin calls out for Gandalf.

"Thranduil, allow Thorin to pass through your men," Gandalf tells him.

Dab- hon na aglon!" (Allow him to pass) Thranduil barks out.

The Elven soldiers part and Thorin makes his way over towards Dain and the others.

"Cousin, I'm glad you are here, let's give this faithless Sprite what for!"

"No, Dain, we are not going to fight the Elves. We need to concentrate on the enemy that approaches to take Erebor. We will defend this mountain with or without Thranduil's help."

"If that's what you command, Thorin, I am with you."

At that moment the mountain to the East begins to rumble and crack open. Thorin and Dain look on as Were-worms tunnel their way out of the mountain. When they retreat, the legion of Gundabad Orcs emerges from the mountain.

"The Hordes of Hell is upon us! To battle! To battle, sons of Durin!" Dain yells

Quickly the Dwarves line up to make a barricade against the Orcs that are marching towards the mountain. They raise up their pikes and wait for the onslaught, while the Elves stand idly by.

Meanwhile, Kagome and Inuyasha look on from the ramparts. It's painfully obvious that the Dwarves are outnumbered and that the Elves are not going to offer any aid whatsoever.

Inuyasha growls, "Those bastard Elves are going to stand there and let the Dwarves get slaughtered. Come on, Kagome, we gotta help."

"Right."

Kagome gets on Inuyasha's back and he jumps off the rampart. He takes off running and pushes his way through the Elves. As Inuyasha and Kagome make their way through the Elves, the Gundabad army gets closer towards the barricade.

"Hold your ground!" Thorin shouts as he draws Orcrist and moves to Dains side. By this time the Company has joined Thorin and have placed themselves alongside him.

As the Orcs get closer, Thranduil orders his men to take their positions. Just as they leap over the Dwarves shields to engage the enemy another figure leaps over them.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha yells.

Inuyasha destroys 100 Orcs with the power of the Wind Scar. It is so powerful that body parts are blown everywhere. The Dwarves and Elves are left in awe at the destruction that is caused by a man that looks to have dog ears on his head. While the others were gawking at him, Inuyasha didn't waste any time and followed up his attack with another attack. The Tessaiga turned black and Inuyasha yelled,