Chapter 2 - Shock

*Note*

Sword Art Online is not owned by me in anyway, all rights go to respected company

Photos used are not owned by me, all rights go to respected artists

All information used throughout story has been accessed through the SAO wiki

After the events of SAO

Kirito POV:

I opened my eyes to only see white. I couldn't see anything. I couldn't hear anything.

My eyes slowly adjusted to the brightness of a white hospital room. I looked around to see my surroundings, but they weren't currently on my mind.n The only thing I could think of was Asuna. I needed to see her.

I slowly picked up my legs with my hands as they were too weak to pick themselves up and slowly moved them along the edge of hospital bed until they were hanging in the air. I twisted my body to face the windows that were currently being covered by curtains and placed my hand on the IV drip stand and used it to pick myself up from the bed. Luckily the stand had wheels which helped allow me to move around and make sure I wouldn't tip over.

Once I finally got up and stabilized my footing on the ground, I waddled towards the door along with the IV drip stand. I got through the door and started to move along the halls in search of Asuna, hoping to find her. Fortunately the halls were rather empty and didn't have anyone to force me back into my room.

As I walked down the halls, something hit me. This hospital didn't seem familiar to me in any way. The first clue was given by the people who passed me and how they didn't have the typical Japanese features. Another hint would be the words, while I could barely hear anything as my ears haven't been in use for more than two years, I still didn't understand a word of what I could hear. The last clue which gave away that I wasn't in a normal hospital was that all the words written on the signs weren't Japanese, but rather English. This caught me off guard.

As I continued to notice differences from typical Japanese hospitals, a nurse saw me and looked at me with a face of shock. I figured she must have been taking care of me and was going to check up on me. So I turned the other direction to continue my search for Asuna, but was quickly caught by the nurse and was slowly escorted back to my room.

While being escorted back, I saw some of the same words written on the walls of the hospital which read out "Stoney Brook University Health Center"

"What hospital is this..."

I looked around more while still being escorted and continued to see the same name pop up every little while. Once we had arrived at my room which I had left ten minutes or so ago, they sat my down at the edge of the bed and began to run some tests on me. I didn't understand what they were saying as they spoke English rather than Japanese. There were some words here and there that I luckily picked up upon and followed there instruction the best that I could do. I cooperated with them in order to be allowed to leave quicker and resume my search for Asuna.

After finishing some of the test, A doctor came in and told me that everything was ok and that they had informed my family I had woken up. This is what I think I heard anyways. I nodded at him without fully understanding what he meant and he just walked towards the door, stopped smiled at me and said

"Don't worry, your free now"

Those four words were the only words that had hit me. I leaned back into my bed and put my hands up to my face and started crying. It was over, all the fighting and hardships we had faced were over. I was able to free everyone and keep my promise to Asuna that I would finish the game, it was finally all over.