Chapter Twelve: How you seduce a kidnapper

Start from the beginning

Classic.

"Yay! Thank you baby," Tami squeals, pecking his lips. She walks back over to us and sits down, leaving Trenton looking dazed, and disappointed. After a moment to collect himself, he shakes his head and goes to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"If you need to take a cold shower, the bathroom is right down the hall," I tease him. He glares at me as Tami giggles and Hunter laughs.

"Very funny. I'll be the one laughing when Cayton finds out about your little surprise in his office," he says. I giggle to myself as I remember my little sticky note escapade. With that said, he leaves the kitchen and heads back down the hall.

Once I think he's out of ear-shot, Hunter and I burst into laughter, applauding Tami at her job well done. She bows mockingly.

"Thank you thank you. That took a lot less work than last time."

"Man, that boy is whipped," Hunter muses.

"No kidding, how the hell am I supposed to do that?" I ask.

"Trust me; Cayton will be putty in your hands." I highly doubt that, but I'm willing to try.

"Now what exactly did you do to his office?" Hunter asks.

"Oh that. Well, let's just say I found a pad of sticky notes. You fill in the blanks."

*

We sit in the kitchen talking until it's about four o'clock. Hunter and I had a continuous argument about who won our little war yesterday, which was obviously me. I even had Tami to back me up.

I leave them to go use the bathroom, and the only one I know about is upstairs. Since I'm feeling too lazy to climb steps, I have Tami direct me to one down the hall.

I'm in an incredible mood today. And to think, all because I slept in the same bed as Cayton. On my way to the bathroom, I pass Cayton's office and I laugh as I picture what his face must have looked like when he went in. I was about to knock and see if he was in there, but I stop when I hear his voice on the other side, carrying the tone I have only heard when he was trying to demand I do something.

"Any news on Zack?" he asks to whoever was in the room.

"The doctor says he's recovering nicely," I hear Carter say.

"And did Drake and them catch the intruders?"

"They only managed to chase them out of the territory."

I hear some shuffling on the other side and I decide that it's time to get my butt out of there. I continue on down the hall, wondering what they were talking about. First, who was Zack and why did he need a doctor? And who was Drake, and who did he chase out of the 'territory'?

If I didn't have a full bladder that was moments away from bursting, I probably would have thought more about it. It isn't any of my business most likely, but I'm curious. Yea yea, curiosity killed the cat. But whatever metaphorical cat they talk about must be long gone, so I'm free to be nosey without the guilt of a dead cat on my shoulders.

I bet Cayton's the head of some secret branch of the government, I think. This, of course, brings back my UFO conspiracy theory. Let's face it though, I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, nor do I know what they were talking about. I decide to leave it alone for now. What am I supposed to do with the information anyways?

"What took you so long?" Tami asks when I finally make it back to the living room. She's sprawled out on the couch, with Hunter on the love seat, flipping through the channels.

"I got lost," I lie. She nods, not looking up from the TV. By now, I'm hungry for some dinner, so I offer them some of the lasagna from last night. Tami rejects my offer, but of course Hunter doesn't. I don't know what it was about these boys, but they eat a lot. And I mean A LOT.