CHAPTER 2- The Arrival 2

Robert..

Robert was the ten year old son of Angela. He was a spoilt brat that got anything he wanted because, he was smart and very complacent to the things done in church as compared to other young children his age. He was a young chap that one could see from his looks would grow up to be strong and handsome. He had blond hair like his father and green eyes just like his mother. He was the perfect description of a hotcake by any young girl. Robert was pissed at Angela for the information he just received about him having a sister who was black and from Africa. He felt he had been cheated by his parents who didn't consider his feeling before taking such a step.

“Come on Robert, why are you taking this so serious. Kany needed this intervention. I am sorry I didn't tell you before making the decision but I swear to you, it happened in the spur of the moment I had no choice son, I just did what felt right to me. I promise you’d love your little sister. She is such a Darling" Angela said.

“Mom for the nth time she is not my sister. And please don’t force me to accept it. You and dad are seriously nuts if you think I’d accept this" He replied her.

“Robert Jeremy Coleson! Watch your mouth; I am still your mother okay?”

“Whatever” he said as he continued to eat his cereals.

Kany was still at the entrance where she had been listening in on what they said. She was so pained by what Robert had said that she didn't notice Angela had seen her until she called out to her.

“Wow, look who it is Robert, it’s your little sister Kany. Come on in honey meet your big brother Robert” she said to Kany who walked to the dining table slowly.

“Mom she is not my sister please!” Robert yelled as he carried his backpack. As he turned to leave he stopped in his tracks when he saw the little thing his mother called his sister walking slowly to the table. He stood transfixed for a minute, with nothing to say as he watched the black girl coming his way. He couldn’t say it or agree with his mom that his adopted sister was truly enchanting and beautiful, but in his head he had registered how lovely she was.
When Kany came face to face with Robert, she didn't know what to say. So they just stared at each other confused.

“Hi” Kany found the courage to say since they both had been staring, and they both didn't make any move to say anything to each other. Her greetings fell on deaf ears as Robert just walked away, leaving the building altogether for the school bus waiting outside the gate.

“Don’t worry about Robert, he would come to his senses soon. I know he was happy to see you. His expression said it all” Angela said to Kany as she takes the seat next to hers. Angela asked Kany how she slept but not before complimenting how beautiful she looked and how nice Peacey had done her hair.  She took a fresh bowl and prepared a cereal for her daughter. Kany ate the cereal eagerly since she hadn’t eaten anything after the food served on the plane. Angela saw how hungry Kany was so she made more for her.

“Eat enough honey. And when you are done we would go shopping for clothes, your school stationeries, chick drapes and decor for your room. I already called the painter to repaint so tonight you would have to sleep in another room. Don’t worry Peacey is on top of that arrangements already” she stopped speaking when she noticed Kany wasn’t paying attention rather she focused more on her breakfast. She smiled and watched as she ate.  When Kany was done eating Peacey who had been in the kitchen came to clear the table.

“Peacey, the painter would come by to check Kany’s room for the paint type he’d use. He said he will be here by 1pm so please get the room ready. And also Kany and I would be going shopping. She needs new stuffs especially now that she would be starting school next week" Angela Informed Peacey.

“Next week? Madam isn’t that too soon? I mean the girl is still new here; she needs to breathe In the new space. Do you think a week is enough for her to get settled in? I am just saying ma’am, but at the end of the day it’s up to you” Peacey said ending her speech.

“Peacey don’t worry about that, Kany would be fine. Won’t you dear?” she asked Kany. The young girl nods yes. Angela went up to change into something more comfortable. When she got back they left for the mall.

Have you liked yet?

Kisses💋💋 HOK