♔ xix. "It doesn't matter what we do."

Start from the beginning

"Uh... Not exactly..." Yeri paused, stealing a glance to Jungkook who was munching on smores nonchalantly, then back at the boys. "But I guess that's the biggest factor?" I mean, how can I even admit I straight up asked him to be my friend? She has been so overwhelmed with the attention they were giving her. She's been asked about various things from her birthday to her go to cafe drink, but what was the most surprising for her was that the group of guys she always thought as private and existed in their own world were so open towards her joining them. She didn't even have the chance to be shy nor embarrassed.

"I admit, even though I've been friends with you for a long time, I didn't know the day when you'll look at a girl in the eye comfortably would come so soon, Jungkook-ah." Minghao smirked at his friend.

"I don't think I'm that bad." He muttered in response.

"He's right, Minghao. You're talking to the guy who's a close dongsaeng to Jieun sunbaenim right here, what right do we even have to question him?" Yugyeom self dissed everyone including himself in which they all laughed in response.

"Aiight ~ I'll shut up to that as well." Seokmin snickered.

Yeri looked down at her hands, the orange blaze from the fire reflected on them. She embraced the warmth emanating from the camp fire. It was a cold night in the forest, the dark beauty of the night brought with it a wonderful chilly yet fresh breeze that can only experienced in nature. It was too late to go back and grab a coat for herself, she didn't want to leave the group when they were finally enjoying the moment, getting to know them.

"But Yeri-ah." Jaehyun called out. She looked up and lightly shivered as the cold crisp air blew through her, rustling her hair and chilling her bones. This did not go unnoticed by the guy beside her. "Aren't you always with that other classmate of ours... Joy, was it?"

"Oh, right. Joy is with the girls right now, I think? During the morning activities, she sneaked to the other camp to hang out with Sungjae oppa & Namjoo eonnie." Reaching out her hands to the crackling camp fire, Yeri tried to absorb as much warmth as she can when suddenly something heavy was draped over her shoulders. She was surprised to see Jungkook's jacket.

She turned to him in wonder but he only motioned for her to wrap it around her properly and zip it up as lowkey as he could. She did. She wore it, zipped it up and snuggled in it without much thought and she could not explain how much warmth it gave her, more than the camp fire could ever provide.

This did not go unnoticed by anyone. Not even the outsiders around them. Definitely.

"I'm sleeping in the same tent with her, Saeronie and Chaeyoungie." She added to her previous response but there was a short unnerving silence that was so out of place. She turned to look at the guys and as if they were awoken from a trance, some of them avoided eye contact, Bambam in particular choked on his cocoa.

"S-Saeron?" Seokmin stuttered, salvaging the situation. They didn't want to get all embarrassed by themselves while the culprit sits there, munching on smores, looking at them as if nothing happened. They'll definitely mess with him later once Yeri was not around, that's for sure.

"Isn't Saeron in Drama Club with you, Eunwoo?" Seokmin turned to the said guy, slapping the back of his shoulder trying to take his attention away from the jacket.

"Huh-? Oh yeah- yeah. We are." He nods, then lets out a gentle laugh as if realizing they were being ridiculous for something so simple. Eunwoo grinned at Jungkook; it was so simple yet surprising at the same time. They definitely can't be blamed for reacting that way. "Yeah. Saeron's in the same club. We're actually in the same play as leads."