♔ xix. "It doesn't matter what we do."

Magsimula sa umpisa

"No, I haven't. I'm actually wondering how the two of them are doing since this morning. They've been really busy."

"I heard the two of them were doing rounds. Making sure everyone's complete and safe." Seulgi voiced out. Wendy turned to Taehyung, "Do you want to find them?" She asked.

"Sure. Let's bring them something warm to drink as well." Taehyung nodded, and both were now up and about. "Jimin-ah, we'll leave you both for a while alright?" Smirking, Taehyung nudged Wendy who only chuckled in return.

"I'll go and make sure eonnie is all warm and fed, you stay here with Jiminie and don't go wandering around, alright?" Seulgi nodded in understanding. Then turning to the guy beside her, Wendy smiled, "I'll leave her in your care for a while." And off they go, leaving the two behind.

Seulgi and Jimin watched the backs of their friends slowly getting smaller, the silence between them getting longer but it wasn't an uncomfortable one. It never was. Her silence was somehow comforting and spoke for itself, it was peaceful in a way where you could feel at home.

"I had fun today." Seulgi said, caressing the warm cup of chocolate with both of her hands. She turned to him with a smile.

He chuckled lightly. "We rowed the Kayak for hours watching others learn how to sail a boat. I think you would've had more fun if we did that as well rather than just sitting there with me the whole time." He was only kidding but Seulgi did not like the sound of that. She hated it whenever he says something that belittles himself. She shook her head rather vigorously and grabbed his arm.

"I had fun today because I was with you. It doesn't matter what we do, as long as I'm with you." There she was again, never failing to take him by surprise. At that, Jimin couldn't help but turn away, covering his face with his arm as he felt warmth creeping up his cheeks.

Somehow, Jimin wondered if he even loses in terms to manliness against Seulgi. The thought made him laugh. Seulgi tilted her head in confusion.

"What's funny?" She asks.

Smiling, Jimin took the hand she held out to him and intertwined their fingers together. "Nothing. I'm just happy, that's all."

What they had wasn't crystal clear. There was no label but everyone around them could see there were feelings. Even strangers could say the same thing. As Jimin looked down at their hands, he wondered if it was okay for him to be taking his time, to wait for her to realize what her feelings are called. Because Jimin no doubt knew what his were.

Jimin looked at her as she watched the campfire glowing embers. Seulgi was always quite the beauty, but seeing her up close only reinforced that truth. She was of fair complexion, long wisps of black streaked with highlights of umber that always seemed to gleam when they captured the light just right. She had the kindest pair of chocolate brown eyes trimmed by long gorgeous lashes. Lovely eyes, yet somehow gentle, that always held a tiny warmth within them. Florid cheeks and flawlessly sculpted lips, as if crafted by angels themselves; sitting this close to her, Jimin could see them clearly, glistening attractively with cherry lip balm that added further rosy color. All these features set together on a delicate almost, angelic face.

What is holding you back? Some would ask. He wasn't sure either. But a part of him knew that unless Seulgi was sure of her own feelings, he was still scared. Scared of rejection. He always was.

So until then, he would like to hold back and stay with her like this a little longer. A connection bounded by her beautiful innocence.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So, you and Jungkook became friends through your eonnies, right?" The boys huddled around the camp fire with their new female friend that they adopted through Jungkook. Everyone eyed her as if she was an interesting subject they've seen for the first time. Most likely because they're getting to know her through none other than Jungkook.