16. our own original songs

Start from the beginning

"yeah," Rachel lead Spencer towards one of the choir room chairs, "so come and sit down," Rachel shows Spencer a box of tissues, "these are for you,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows up at Rachel, "just in case," he takes the tissues out of her hands, "it's pretty emotional,"

"don't be afraid, if you need to..." Spencer just chuckled at the brunette headed girl in front of him, "hit it," Spencer puts the box of tissues beside him on a stool.

"you're not going to make an omelet," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows at Rachel, "oh, damn you, dad's, why did you settle for only me?"

"i'm am only child, more than enough for them, but not enough for me.." Spencer tilts his head to the side, "only child, only child, only child.."

"the only berry on my family tree," Spencer lightly gave Rachel a smile, "it's called only child," Spencer nods his head, "yeah, i got that, uh..."

he scratched the back of his neck, "it's better than my headband, that's for sure," Rachel nods her head, "but it... it's still feels like you're just playing scared,"

Rachel frowned, "you're only feeling with that easy pain," Rachel looked at Spencer, "you got to get to the hard stuff, that's what's relatable to everybody,"

Rachel looked at him, "i'm.... i'm perfectly capable of accessing my pain, i cry every time i sing a solo," Spencer looked at Rachel, "exactly,"

Spencer frowned, "when you sing, i can feel it, i guess to just got to go inside yourself to wherever the singing comes from," Spencer tilts his head to the side, "and write from there,"

"have you even tried to write a song?" Rachel comes towards him, "Rachel, i have.." Rachel looks at Spencer, "them can i hear it?"

Spencer scratched the back of his neck, "uh, it's not done yet, but i'm working on it," Santana looked inside the choir room to see Spencer putting his hand over Rachel's hand, "it's okay, Rachel, i'll help you,"

Rachel stands up clapping her hands, "come on them," Spencer chuckled at Rachel when he mimics her clapping when Rachel touched her hair.

Santana frowns when she sees Spencer standing up, following after Rachel when he holds onto her waist when he leans down and connects his lips with Rachel's.

***

"guys," Spencer looked away from Rachel towards Mr Schuester, "i've got some bad news, you know how we decided on sing by my chemical romance for regionals?"

the new directions nod their heads when Spencer looked up at Samaria to see her frowning as she sits beside Sam, "well, i hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band,"

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "we can't do it," Puck let out a scoff, "it was the perfect anthem," Maisy looked at her older sister, "how much do you want to bet Coach Sylvester has something to do with this?"

Mr Schuester looked at Mercedes, "one step ahead of you," Spencer frowned at Mr Schuester, "so, what are we going to do now?"

Rachel looked at Spencer with a smile on her face when he nods his head, "i think we should write original songs for regionals," Samaria looked at her best friend then towards Rachel, "all those in favour of voting Rachel down a second time?"