Chap. 1: Before we met... Liza

Liza Williams was born in Sydney - Australia, in a small family of 5, her father Jonathan was a busy business man, his work was always about traveling; her mother Marie was a housewife, she was always worried about everything, and like all mothers, she wanted her kids to be perfect... Julia is Liza's eldest sister, she's a wonderful nun, and she always gave advice to her younger sister, but they didn't see her so much because of the distance; she had to be at the Monastery all the time. Jake is the youngest member of the family. He was very chaotic, he loved doing pranks on Liza and they always fought because of it.

          Liza's parents were always proud of her, she was a good student with good grades; she helped her mother when she feels that she have to, even if her mother didn't ask, and she usually spend her free time helping Jake with his homework or sitting next to her bedroom window reading a book.

          She was a book lover since her childhood, she loved reading all kinds of books and she always had the dream that one day she'll write her own book.

          Every night, Marie and her kids, Liza and Jake, prepare the table and wait until Jonathan is back from work and they all sit for dinner; but what happened that night, changed everyone's lives... Jonathan came home, but this time he was not alone; he was drunk and bad looking, standing in the entrance of the house screaming and shouting, saying bad things to Marie, things that he didn't said before; and next to him, stands a weird looking woman, she was calm, standing there in silence, she was wearing a short red dress with a malicious smile on her face...

"Liza, take your brother and go upstairs to your room, NOW", said Marie with tears in her eyes; the two kids ran upstairs, and they remained together, hearing nothing but screams, doing nothing but crying.

* * *

          The next day, everything turned to be worse.

"Jake... Jake wake up..." Said 10 years old Liza

"What is it?" Said 9 years old Jake

"I woke up when i heard some noises... And when i opened the curtains... I saw 2 police cars and an ambulance in front of our house..."

"Police cars? Ambulance? Wow"

"I'm afraid to go downstairs..."

"Don't worry, I'm a police officer too, come."

The kids first didn't understand what happened, until they went downstairs to see their mother lying on the floor with divorce papers in her hands, but she wasn't breathing...

"I don't want to be a police officer anymore, Liza... Tell mommy to wake up, the game ended." Said little Jake.

Neighbor James who lives in the house next to them was talking to the police officer telling him what happened, without noticing that the two kids where there listening...

"I don't know how long Jonathan have been cheating on Marie with that weird looking woman Anastasia, but i heard and saw everything" said James, " actually i was watching TV, then i heard screams... I-I thought first "that's the TV" but when i turned it off and I noticed that it wasn't... I ran directly to the direction of the sounds, the door was opened."

[James's POV]

When James entered the house, he saw A woman standing in the doorway, and then Jonathan and Marie arguing.

"I said... Sign the paper NOW" Said Jonathan

"Divorce papers...?!" Said Marie with a broken tone, "You want to leave me... To leave your children... For this woman...?"

Jonathan looked away, and his eyes caught a frame on the wall that has his picture with Marie and the kids. He froze, and Marie noticed his eyes starting to soften: "Jonathan..." She said putting a hand on his shoulder, and the other on his cheek, "Please think again... We are your family... We need you... Please don't leave us... Jonathan we all love you..."

Jonathan moved Marie's hands away with his eyes going form the picture to meet her eyes: "You love me... They love me, I know... But i can't do anything about this... Please Marie... Sign the papers..."That's when everything turned silent...

James stepped in and saw Marie shocked.

"Anastasia..." Said Jonathan, "Go back to the car..." And she left without a word, "Marie... I'm trapped... What you don't know is that i was drunk that night, and I saw her... And she-"

"You cheated on me..." Said Marie while taking few steps back, "Is she pregnant...? Did you fall in love with her...?"

"Look Marie... Please... I signed the papers.... And you have to do that as well..." He said, and when Marie tried to talk, he screamed: "Just SIGN THE DAMN PAPERS.."

When he turned to leave, James saw his face; He was pale, and angry. Jonathan looked at him, then he left...

James ran to Marie and tried to talk but she looked at him with nothing to say, then he knew that he should leave; but when he went out, he heard a noise from inside the house, as if something smashed... He ran back inside to see that Marie broke some sort of glass and committed suicide with it by cutting her artery...

"Marie... No." screamed James.

* * *

The kids heard everything James said. And he continued: "i guess Anastasia was a part of... some sort of gang that does illegal stuff. And Marie... i knew that I shouldn't leave her alone..." Then he left saying: " i think their kids are inside."

The officer heard the kids crying, he took them to the police station, then they told Julia everything; she confirmed that they have grandparents who live in london, and then she approached her siblings hugged then and left. Liza and Jake left Australia and didn't hear about Julia anymore, as if she disappeared forever...

———————————————————

Thanks for reading chap. 1...
This is not the end of the story, follow my account for more updates and don't forget to vote and leave a comment ❤️ all the love - E