Chapter 1: "Sold down the river"

"What am I to you?" 

"Business."

-----------------------------------------------

"Taehyung, for goodness' sake! Where are the potatoes?"

Taehyung stopped the ball with his foot, looking over to his wife who was standing at the doorstep of their small chalet.

Her hands rested on her hips, accentuating her waist size, while her lips smacked together in a thin line and her eyes squinted. Small strands of her red hair contrasted with her pale skin, making her round face slightly glow in the dark blue of the evening sky. The rest of her curly locks were pulled back into a pigtail, covered by a blue and white stripped scarf. The wind grazed her body, and made her ankle length blue dress flow in its direction.

"Mom, we were playing football!" His oldest son whined, stomping his feet many times.

The six-year-old boy had similar hair to his mother, but apart from that, he had inherited every feature from his father. His caramel colored skin was darker in the lightning, and his lips naturally came together in a cute pout when complaining.

His mother's gaze shifted to his small form, as she crossed her arms over her red sweater. And her posture let Taehyung know that if he didn't want to spend his night on the couch, he would need to go and get those potatoes right this instant. His wife had apparently had a long day.

"Fine, Taehyun. If you want to sleep with an empty belly then go ahead! Keep on playing football with your father!"

The twenty-six years old woman scolded. Her finger had come up to point at the little gal in the process. She huffed, giving a last hard look at the grown up man before turning around to enter the house again and slamming the wooden door loudly.

"Let's go inside, Taehyun. You're mother is right." Taehyung picked the ball up in his left arm, and brought the other one around his son's shoulders. He led him in, and made his way to the kitchen directly.

Entering the small, warm room, he leaned against the wall for a moment, watching his wife move around in hurry. She jumped from on spot to another, picking up the spices, seasoning the boiling soup in the pot, and putting them back in their about places. When she finally stood tranquilly before the pot, he took a few steps forward, until his body hovered over hers.

His arms sneaked around her waist, and pulled her body close to his. A small gasp of surprise left her lips, but they quickly closed again recognizing the familiar embrace. Due to her off mood, she prefered to not make the effort to respond to his advances. That was, until Taehyung nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck, making her go weak in the knees. She closed her eyes, momentarily enjoying the romantic gesture, letting her body fall back into her husband's arms.

"Tae, stop." She whispered, placing her hands above his in hope to loosen up his hold. He protested, firming up his grip, and placing butterfly kisses down her neck.

"Tae!" She forcibly got out of his enclosure against her will, fanning her hot face. "Are you crazy? The kids are in the next room!"

He smirked, a single corner of lips tugging up, as he admired his talent of matching his wife's face color with her hair's.

"But you were upset, Jimin."

"I-" She looked at him in disbelief, before sighing. "I'm not. Now go, quickly."

It was only when a chuckle escaped her throat that his lips widened up in a boxy smile, and he proudly left the kitchen, satisfied to have made her happy. He grabbed his jacket, and kissed his tree year old girl goodbye before running out the house.