27. "Bye."

(3rd Person)

Gracie sighed and ran her hands through her long brown hair. She looked at the notepad in her hand. She brushed her thumb across the drawing of the red dress to check if it was dry-it wasn't. She groaned as the bottom of the dress, which she had been working on for about an hour, smudged across the paper. She let out a frustrated cry and dropped the notepad onto the kitchen counter. She stood up from the wooden stool and grabbed her keys. She closed and locked the door behind her and walked towards her car. She got in her car and drove to the first place she could think of. She knocked on the door and waited patiently for the door to open. 1 minute passed and Gracie began to grow impatient. She tapped her foot on the ground repeatedly and finally the door opened.

Lexi, Gracie's mother, appeared as the creaked open.

"Mom!" Gracie smiled and hugged her mother.

"Gracie!" Lexi grinned. "Come in!"

She stepped aside and Gracie walked into her former home.

"Where's Nick?" Gracie questioned.

"In his room. His leg is kinda restricting him from doing anything." Lexi answered.

"Has he told you how it happened?" Gracie raised an eyebrow.

Lexi shook her head. "Says he fell but I doubt you can get a broken leg from falling."

Gracie huffed. "He said the same thing to me. At least he knows how to keep up a good story." she tried to lighten up the mood and Lexi chuckled.

While the two girls joked around, Nick sat in his room with tears threatening to come out. He heard their joking from upstairs. He wanted to tell them, he really did but he couldn't. He was scared of what would happen. He really didn't want to got to school and let everyone see him weak.

He wiped the tears away before they could pour and waited for Gracie to come upstairs. Minutes later, his door flew open and Gracie poked her head in with a grin.

"Sup lil bro!" she greeted and Nick laughed, shaking his head.

"Don't ever say that again." he smiled at his older sister but frowned when he noticed she was staring at his cast.

"What? Never seen a cast before?" he joked.

"Not on my brother." she replied. "What happened to you, Nick?"

Nick sighed. "I already told you. I fell."

"That's a lie." Gracie looked at him with a straight face. "Tell me the truth or I'm leaving."

"Gracie, I-"

"Bye." she cut him off, already knowing that he was either going to make something up or stall.

"Gracie, wait!"

She spun around and raised an eyebrow.

"I can't-"

She slammed the door close and walked downstairs.

"I'm gonna go home. Have a lot of work to do." she lied as she passed her mother.

She walked outside and got inside her car.

She did have work to do-the dress-but she wsn't going to do that right now.

She was going to visit Justin. She had been thinking overnight and made a decision that was pretty obvious.

----

What do you think her decision is?

Hope you liked the chapter

XxLove you guysxX

-Ally