24. "Justin?"

(Gracie Adams)

"Maybe we should go to the hospital. He was probably going there to see you." Pattie suggested and I nodded.

We wiped our eyes since all we could do was cry. My poor baby. He's probably all alone, cold, hungry...oh God what if he's hurt?! I don't think I could live with him being in any kind of pain.

"Let's, uhm, walk since he most likely did also." I grabbed her hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "It's going to be ok. We're going to find him."

I spoke these words to her but I recited them in my head, I was broken.

We began to walk but no words were exchanged. We were too shocked about the situation. How could this have happened?

As we walked I thought of Justin being ok. I imagined us watching movies together as he played with his Yoshi, his short attention span not allowing him to focus on the movie.

We passed by an alley and something was urging me to check it. I suddenly heard a whimper and my eyes widened knowing exactly who it was.

I ran into the alley to see Justin laying on the floor, bruises and blood covering his dirty body. I gasped and teared up at the sight in front of me.

"Justin?" I whispered and I got a whimper in response.

"Pattie! I found him!" I screamed and just seconds later, Pattie ran up to us.

I draped his right arm over my shoulder and Pattie did the same with his left.

"You're gonna be okay, baby. You're gonna be okay." I soothed and all Pattie could do was cry.

Justin suddenly sobbed and a single tear escaped my right eye.

How can someone do this to someone so innocent?

My poor baby boy.

I sniffed and kissed his right cheek gently. We continued walking to his house, fortunately and unfortunately he didn't make it far.

It was fortunate 'cause we didn't have to walk much. It was unfortunate 'cause, well, he got beat up before he could reach his destination.

We made it to his house and we gently sent him down on the couch.

"I'm calling the hospital! Can you get some water and at least try to clean his cuts?" Pattie questioned and I quickly nodded, running to the kitchen and grabbing a water bottle and a towel.

I walked to the living room to see Justin dozing off.

"No, c'mon Justin. Stay with me." I mumbled, pouring some water from the bottle onto the towel.

I dabbed his cuts with the towel and his eyes shot open. He whimpered as he stared down at me.

"That's it, baby. Just stay up for Gracie." I whispered, continuing to clean his cuts.

They'll do it with alcohol at the hospital. Sirens were heard and soon enough, they were placing Justin on a gurney. He gripped onto my hand as I ran to catch up with the nurses. They bombarded me and Pattie with questions and we answered with short responses.

We got inside the truck and drove off. Justin was shaking through all of this, most likely scared out of his mind.

"Relation?" A nurse inquired.

"Girlfriend." I replied staring at Justin's frightened figure.

"Hey, shh, it's alright. They're going to help you ok?" I cooed and he nodded once.

He hasn't talked since the incident and I don't blame him. If this would've happened to me, I would be mute for a while. I could just imagine how it would feel for him, being a '6 year old' and all.

"Do you want mommy?" I asked and he nodded once again.

Pattie sat up from the bench and smiled a sad smile at Justin. He grabbed his free hand and rubbed his knuckles with her thumb.

"My baby..." she trailed off and I inwardly sighed, the sight of a mother and her son having such a sweet moment.

"I love you, you know that right?" she chuckled. "Of course you do."

She kissed his hand and the truck suddenly stopped. We were here.

They took Justin out and began wheeling him into the building.

My precious baby boy...

------

This chapter literally broke my heart.

Hope you liked the chapter

XxLove you guysxX

-Ally