🔪Chapter 13: Followed (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

I walk over to the other side of the car, open the door and help Toby getting off the car.

"Have a good day at school guys." Mom and Mr. Anderson said in unison. I nodded and close the car door then they drive off.

Without wasting any time, I take Toby to his classroom and Steven followed, walking beside me.

 I don't know why but I can feel his gaze focusing on me, watching every move as I can feel myself panicking a little bit and my hands became icy cold, and not because of the weather.

__

After taking Toby to his classroom, we bid our goodbyes then Steven and I start walking to our building. We're walking and our bodies are very close to each other even though I'm walking a bit faster as I cross my arms. 

Then out of the blue, Steven just straight up lightly slap my butt which made me flinch and I let out a small yelp.

I furrowed my eyebrows and turn around, facing him. He puts on a smirk which made me sick just by looking at him.

I clicked my tongue. "Just stop it. What the hell is wrong with you?" I continue walking and I spotted Heather and Edward walking and chatting nearby so I catch up with them.

As soon as I caught up with them, we chatted for a bit as we walk into the building and do our normal routine before class. 

However, for me... I don't think it feels normal like it used to be before. Should I just keep on putting on my mask and pretend everything is okay? I don't know how long I need to keep this up.

__

'RIIING!'

The bell rang and it was time to get out of the classroom and fetch Toby... until I got called by Mr. Davies to his desk. I let out a sigh and get it over with.

"So Aurora, how's your assignment that I gave you during your break?" He questioned and my eyes widen. 

Shit, I didn't finish it... thanks to Steven.

"Um... I didn't finish it, Mr. Davies. I'm very sorry, it's just that I was a little bit... distracted during the break." I explained. "But I'll finish it and print it as soon as I get home and turn it in tomorrow."

"I see. Well... I guess I'll let it slide just this once and I expect you to turn it in tomorrow before class starts tomorrow. Understand?" He said, giving me a chance as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Yes, and thank you, Mr. Davies," I said before heading out of the room.

Then I walk as fast as I could, however, someone grabs my arm and made me stop walking.

"Slow down Aurora," Steven said. I shake and pull my arm away from his grasp and continue walking.

While walking, I look back again and again as Steven follows closely then I head towards the exit and proceed walking to the other building to fetch Toby. I tried to blend in with the crowd but Steven is already too close behind me.

"Stop following me. " I said sternly.

"I'm not following you, Aurora. We live under the same roof." He said.

I shake my head and just keep on walking and walking then I head inside and I am on my way to fetch Toby.

After fetching Toby from his class, we head out and I already saw Steven, holding onto Mr. Anderson's car door, waiting for us. We hop inside and Steven gets in and closes the door before Mr. Anderson starts the car engine and drove off.

__

Some time passed and I'm just doing my homework since I promised to finish it. Everything is so quiet all of a sudden and again, it just doesn't feel right.

I was so focused on my homework that I didn't notice an arm pressed against the table and I made a mistake by just looking up then Steven pulled my head slightly backward and places his head against my neck.

"Steven, can you just leave me alone? I'm trying to do my homework." I said.

"But I just want to spend time with you. Is there anything wrong with that?" He asked, pretending to be innocent.

"Get out of my room," I said. After a few moments of silence and then he just pulled down the turtle neck revealing my bruised neck and he just starts licking and sucking my neck as I let out a shaky groan.

It didn't take really long however he just starts to bite my neck and sucks on my neck. Seconds later, he stops and pants as he pulls his head away and I touch my neck. As soon as I touched my neck, I put my fingers away as soon as I felt the painful sting on my neck.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself.

I get up from my chair, turn around, and noticed Steven was just sitting on my bed with a sadistic grin on his face which makes me want to puke.

"Those love marks suit you." He said and I frowned.

"Kids, dinner is ready!" My mom shouted.

"Let's go," Steven said, putting his hand on my back and pushing me out of my room. I already saw Toby going down, not noticing us, and we head down the stairs.

Just then, Steven grabs my shoulder and I can feel him leaning in close to my ear like he's trying to whisper something.

"If I ever have the chance to kill a particular person in mind, I won't hesitate." He whispered before I froze in place and he continues walking down the stairs.

With those words playing in my head over and over again, I know that he's serious about it.

I'm getting more scared of him and I'm worried for the people I love.

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 02/28/2023