👑24

Graduation Part 2

"I remain Salim Abubakar Kaoje, your valedictorian." Salim ended. The hall roared with claps and shouts. Amra could even feel a headache coming.

"Hey Amra." Sadiq said to me.

"Hi." Amra said in some i-don't-want-to-see-you tone.

"Did I offend you?" Uhm yeaaa. You asked my sister out duhh. Amra thought.

"No. You didn't offend me." Amra tried to smile.

"So, I need your advice." Sadiq said.

"Amraaaaaaa!" Sameer shouted.

"Sameeer." Amra said, trying to sound like him but she failed.

"What's wrong b?" Thankfully. I have a best friend that understands me. Wait, I can call him my best friend right? Amra thought.

"Let's go somewhere. Sadiq, we will talk later okay?"

"Sure." He left sounding hurt. Now, we're even. Not so nice right?. Amra thought but felt hurt afterwards.

Sameer and Amra left the loud hall and walked farther away. Amra felt she needed to be away from the hall.

"Let's go sit there. The noise won't be heard from there. I guess." Sameer smiled.

"Okay." Amra followed him. We sat on the bench.

"What are we?" She asked him.

"Him. Amra, I have no idea. We are partners right?"

"I know we call each other that but what do you see us as?" Amra asked him again.

"Amra. As best friends. I see you as a sister."

"Good. Imagine if I were a guy, your blood brother."

"Whattt?"

She glared at him and he said, "go on."

"So hypothetically, you told me you like someone and I  know the person." She kept quite and when he didn't respond, she continued.

"Then, that girl chose me over you. How would you feel?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Uhm. I'd feel very hurt and betrayed. Is this about Sadeeq?"

"Whaaaaaaaat?"

"That's what they say. It's about him right?"

"Well, yes. It is." She confirmed.

Little did they know Sadiq was passing by.

"Sadiq asked Ya Maryam to be his girlfriend."

Sadiq stood there dumbfounded. He had no idea what Amra was talking about. He just hoped Sameer wouldn't spill the beans.

"Whattt? Sadiq did that? No, Amra. You must be mistaken. It can't be him."

"What makes you think so? You weren't there." Amra felt the sting of tears in her eyes.

She is crying, Sadiq hated seeing females crying, well... since after the incident.

"Amra, there you are. Let's go.  They are about to start presenting awards." Camilla said when she saw Amra.

"Sure. We'll continue later." Amra said to Samir and took off with Camilla.

Sameer was about to go when he spotted Sadiq.

"Sadiq?"

"He is not here." Sadiq said in some tiny voice.

"Bro, I know it's you so did you do it?" Sameer couldn't help but ask.

"Of course, I didn't. It's obvious he did it."

"Yeah man. I know you'd never do something like asking your crush's sister to be your girl."

After that, the boys took off and walked back into the hall.

"Best in English Language, Amra Ibrahim Yakubu." Mr J called out.

"Amra, go. It's you." Cami said to Amra.

"Amra Ibrahim Yakubu, please come up here."

Amra got up and started walking to the stage.

She collected the prize from Miss Ibrahim and shook her hand as they took pictures.

"Best in Mathematics, Ameer Ibrahim Yakubu."

"That's my twin." Amra said out loud.

"Best in Computer, Sadiq Ammar Sadiq." Amra could not believe her ears or her eyes because in all glory that lights could give, she saw Sadiq looking handsome in his suit going on stage and collecting his prize, scratch that, his prizes. He got best in Computer and best in chemistry.

Prizes were given out to people especially to the Ibrahim Yakubu twins. 

After the collection of prizes, entertainment and everything you can think of happening a school graduation.

That correct graduation rice and chicken was shared too. It made the graduation a graduation. (Author: if you know what I'm talking about😉)

After everything, the twins took pictures with friends and family. What a memorable day for everyone.

Sadiq came to Amra again and this time they left the International Confrence Centre and started walking towards a coffee shop nearby. M's Coffee and Cakes, it read.

They got in and sat at the far end of the cafe.

"Amra." Sadiq called.

"What is it? Don't you feel bad?"

"Feel bad for what exactly?"

"For...."

"For asking Maryam out?"

"So you know?" Amra raised an eyebrow.

"I overheard you and Sameer. Well I've lost my appetite for the coffee. Let me pay and we'll go."

After paying, they got out of the coffee shop.

"Let's watch the sunset."

"Alright Amra."

They were literally standing in front of the setting sun. They just couldn't feel or touch it. It was close to them, yet it was very far from them.

"Amra, look at me." Amra looked up to see his face because he was so tall and she felt so tiny near him. Well, she's a petite girl.

"I'm sorry." Sadiq said.

"Sorry? For what?"

"For hurting you. It was not me though. I have a brother, he's my namesake."

He couldn't wait for her answer. He just bent down to her height and placed his lips on hers.

"Forgive me." He said as he removed his lips from hers.

"I forgive you. Please, forgive me too."

"It is all good, Amra."

Amra went on her tiptoes to kiss him, but it was hard for her. He then held her body with one hand to give her support and held her face with the other.

He kissed her and she kissed him back with the same fervour.

THE END

******
What a peaceful end right? Like some Korean movie where you have to predict what would happen. Will she accept or reject Sadiq?

Last update. I have another book but I won't publish it yet. Until I'm through with my exams.

Thank you all for being on this rough ride. I appreciatez😩😩❤❤

Nike with the cream is out.