xviii.

[ 1 DAY UNTIL BALL ]

_

"I'm going to ask Draco to the ball today, Hermione." Harry said calmly, even though he was feeling the complete opposite.

Harry might have said this exact same thing to Hermione maybe a thousand times before, but he was more than certain that this time he was going to go through with it.

He figured out that there was no reason for him to not ask Draco to go to the ball with him. Rejection was one of the largest outcomes, but as mentioned in his recent letter to his secret admirer, if rejected, Harry could at least try and attempt to play it off as a joke.

"You said that yesterday, and the day before." Hermione sighed, and then went back to eating her dinner.

"I'll try and do it this time. I promise i'll try."

"..If you say so..."

Harry sighed due to the fact that he knew that he was going to back out on his plan sooner or later.

Come on, Harry. You have to ask him. This is probably the only chance you'll get to tell him how you feel. Stop worrying about your feelings for him being reciprocated. Take the chance, take the risk.

I don't want to get rejected. Asking him to the ball will only get myself hurt.

Sounds like something a complete pussy would say. Oh wait...

Shut up.

Ignoring his argumentive thoughts in his head, he looked over at Draco who was grinning widely, and getting embrassed because of all the other slytherins that were teasing him. Harry couldn't help but wondering what they were talking about.

"Draco, why are you still smiling?" Blaise asked in disbelief.

"I can't help it!" Draco said, while trying to put a frown on his face, and getting slightly annoyed when it only made him smile more.

"I really don't know what to do with you."

"I can't believe he likes me back, Blaise. I'm not trying to be mean but he sure does have a shit way of showing it, that's why I find it so surprising. I always imagined him getting with the weasley girl, I mean, that's what everyone thought right? I still don't know how i'm going to ask him to the ball, or tell him I feel the same way, or tell him that i'm his secret admirer. How do you think he's going to react? Oh my Merlin, what if we kiss? What if i'm a bad kisser and  he doesn't like it? What if at the ball he gets angry at me for treading on his feet because I don't have that much experience in dancing? Merlin! What if-"

"Shut up, Draco."

"Alright."

"..."

"But what if-"

"NO!"
_

Draco sighed as he waited for Harry in the room of requirement, not knowing why he was so nervous, it's not like Harry would say no.

I just don't know how to say it. Do I tell him I like him first? And then tell him that i'm his secret admirer? And then leave asking him to the ball until last? I wonder if that's going to be too much information for him to take in. I'm still shocked that he likes me.

I think i'm over thinking a little too much. But I just don't want to make a fool of myself- even though I do it all the time.