2.11 - Thanks Quen

Chapter 11

"So? What's the tea?"

Bea and Erich just arrived at the bar we're at.

Hindi ko din alam. Kadramahan ang pakay pero dito gusto tumagpo ni Julia.

She now reached for her glass of martini and looked down after sipping her drink.

"Lester's cheating on me." and bit her lip.

That jerk.

"Ayan na nga ba ang sinasabi!" Aria's almost hysterical. "Bat kasi jinowa yong sa bar lang nakilala. Di naman pang-seryosohan yon."

"Well, technically they met back in college." Erich corrected.

Tinignan ko si Julia and she's just looking down, looks like she's holding back tears.

Mas nilapit ko ang pag-upo ko sa kanya at hinawakan siya sa kamay to show her I'm here and I'll listen.

"Girl, details. C'mon." Bea said as she crossed her arms.

--

Nag cr muna ako after a few drinks.

The girls and I decided to hang around at mag enjoy muna like the old days. Ineentertain nalang namin si Julia since we can't do anything about Lester right now.

That fucking jerk. He really had the audacity to cheat on one of my friends.

Julia said she saw him dating another girl at the same restaurant she's meeting up with a client. Naglalandian with their horny asses in public. Bullshit lang.

Pero kaming apat nalang ang natira dito sa bar because Erich's fiance fetch her already claiming that he doesn't want her hanging out at clubs.

And thus, Erich's married life begins. Boo her!

But no hate, though. I'm happy she's happy. Kaya naman I decided to attend her wedding next year. Even if nasa New York na ulit ako if ever, I'd go back home to attend her special day.

Dee and I are in good terms na din and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be.

I know deep inside that I left the past behind me after New York.

More like after Gino.

Si Gino nalang talaga yung past na.. ewan ko ba. Ang hirap iwanan kasi siguro masakit padin?

"Nga pala, I have a blind item for you guys." Aria sat on the edge of her seat para ma-abot ng paningin niya kaming lahat pagkabalik ko. "Sinetch itey girl-aloo na marufuck padin kay kuya mo Gi?" she said with so much playfulness in her voice and her smile.

My jaw dropped as she spoke.

No, you di-int?!

"Bitch, no!" I kept denying but it's too late because they're already teasing me.

Jusko, Ri. Sakit mo lagi sa ulo.

"Pero di nga, what's the headliner for Chagi this time? Wala kang update lately ah." Julia asked.

Di ko nga pala naikwento sa kanila yung nangyari sa bahay last time.

"Chagi, my ass." sabi ko but still told them about that night and Gino's behavior. Pati na din yung nangyari kay Quen tsaka sa balcony. Basically, everything that night.

Di rin nila mabasa si Gino. Pero ako, dun nalang ako maniniwala sa sinabi niya. Na nag assume lang daw ako. Fine. It's better that way kesa ipilit ko yung naramdaman ko sa kinilos niya.