Chapter 14

After that big boom in my face, someone comes over to me. "You're lucky this time. It's only a warning", they say. I thank them then jump up and run outside. I call my mom and tell her what happened. She tells me to come home right away. I hang up and don't listen to her. I run to Luke's house.

I run in without knocking and run upstairs. I burst in the door and see Jeff and Luke, together. I gasp and feel anger rising in me. Luke looks at me and pushes Jeff away. "TRENT!", he yells. I feel tears sting my eyes. I hold back the urge to punch Jeff. Jeff coughs then stands up to me.

"Oh well look. If it isn't the criminal", he says. I spit in his face and he swings an arm at me. I dunk and push him on the ground. I kick his side and he yells. I look over at the floor and see white stuff that could only be one thing. I growl in disgust and kick him again. I look at Luke and walk over to him so I'm right in his face.

"FUCK YOU! WE'RE DONE!", I yell. I push him a little and run downstairs. I leave the house, slamming the door. I drop on my knees, unsure of where to go. I begin to sob. I hear the house door open and close. Someone sits beside me and I look over, expecting Luke. But it was his mom.

"Hi Trent", she says calmly. She puts her arm around me and hugs me. "I know what Luke did. He told me. Jeff isn't allowed around him anymore. Jeff came on to him". I shake my head.

"But Luke should've stopped him!", I yell. She nods her head in agreement. "He was my everything. I lost everything else. Now he does this?". She looks at me with sadness. She lets go and takes my hand.

"Yes I know. But he was sad. He was offered love and he took it. I'm not taking up for him. But you need to take to that. It could help", she replies. "I'll call your momma to take you home". I nod and she gets up and goes outside.

The door opens again and I know it's to quick to be Luke's mom. I look up and see Luke holding his little brother. "Hi Trent", the little boy says happily. I fake a smile and Luke sits down beside me. He puts his brother in his lap and cuddles him.

"Trent....", Luke says. I shake my head at him and start to move. The little boy hops off his brother and runs in the house. Strange child. Luke takes my hand and begins crying. "I'm sorry". He begins explaining why he did it. I understand where he's coming from but I can't forgive him. My moms car pulls up and I stand, pulling my hand away from him. I get into the car.

My mom starts yelling and tears begin to stream down my face. She stops. And instead of yelling, she hugs me.

Do I deserve this?