Chapter 14

Chapter 14

  Once Maria is inside, we all wait around for her.  "Chris I think Maria likes you" Lauren says.  "What? No she doesn't" he says with a laugh.  "Yeah she does, maybe if you weren't so mean you would see she's flirting with you" Lauren says.  Chris shakes his head.  "Do you like her?" she asks him.  "I don't have time to think about that, look here she comes."  Maria comes back an hour later.  "Wow!  That is such a big building, I found Peter on the fourth floor in a holding cell, he's hooked up to a machine and strapped to a chair." Chris nods "what about four and Tris?" he asks.  "I was getting there, they were with Jack Kang, leader of Candor, in an office on the second floor" she says.  "Okay so we split up into two groups, I want four of you to go rescue Peter, the rest of us will take care of Four and Tris, Erudite in our group keep gaurd outside the office door."  Sarah, Nicole and two Erudite boys go to save Peter, and then we go up to Jack Kang's office.  When we enter the Merciless Mart, it's almost empty.  We split up and find his office without a problem.  "So now what do we do?" whispers one of the Erudite girls, I think her name is Emily.  Chris rams the door open "EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" We all draw our guns.  There's ten of us and only three of them.  "What is going-" Jack stammers. "QUIET!" Chris demands.  "We're here to take them," he points to Four and Tris, "to put on trial for their actions in trying to stop the attack on Abnegation, and their divergence" Chris goes on.  Tris stares at me "how's your foot doing?" she asks.  "How's your shoulder?" Lauren asks her as she puts the gun to Tris's head.  "Easy Lauren, we need to take back to Max and jeanine" Chris says.  "I thought we came to kill them..." Lauren says.  Four starts to draw a weapon, I kick him in the ribs, he groans.  Matt takes some zip ties out of his pocket.  "Ooh! Can I do it? I've always wanted to tie up a man!" Maria says with a smile.  Matt can't help but laugh at her, he hands her the ties.  She takes them and ties them tightly around Four and Tris's wrists.  "I want a gun on each of them, and strip them of their weapons" Chris orders.  Lauren and Maria pat down Tris, Matt and I patt down four.  Jack Kang surprisingly does nothing.

  We haul them away and meet up with the others, Sarah, Nicole and the two Erudite boys successfully rescued Peter.  "Oh my gosh! That was awesome!" Emily says.  We get back on the train to Erudite.  "What do you think Max is gonna do when he finds out what we did?" Matt asks.  "He'll probably smack me in the face again" Lauren says.  "Is your daddy beating you too Lauren?" Tris asks.  Lauren bashes the side of the gun into her shoulder "keep your mouth shut stiff!"  Tris smirks "I'm not a stiff anymore!" Lauren presses the gun into the side of her head "one more word out of you and this gun goes off! Got it!"  Tris shruggs her shoulders, Four looks worried but doesn't say anything.  "Do you guys have any food?  They were starving me out so when I took the truth serum, it would be the only thing in my stomach" Peter says.  "No, sorry Peter, we didn't think to bring food on a rescue mission" Chris snaps at him.  Nicole gives Chris a mean look "we're almost back to Erudite, can you hold out a little longer?" She asks Peter as she strokes his hair.  He nods, he's pale and weak.