THIRTY-ONE , DOCTOR VALACK

Beginne am Anfang

  The group of five teenagers made their way up the stairs, Harper leading the way next to Scott when the gates suddenly slammed shut from behind them. Everybody winced and turned, Harper's heart skipping a beat at the sight. She felt a little claustrophobic knowing she couldn't leave now unless they let them out, but she shook it off. Lydia sent her a worried look, but Harper didn't meet her green eyes.

  ...

  "Please empty your pockets into the container," the man from behind the reception desk told them all. His voice was disturbingly monotone, his eyes too wide for his face.

  Scott cleared his throat. "Ur, we're here to see-"

  "Please empty your pockets into the container," he repeated, this time a little more firmly.

   The Alpha looked back at his friends to see their reactions, but they were already shuffling through their pockets to get everything out. He did the same. Harper placed her phone into the plastic box as well as her car keys and a pack of gum, the rest of the pack following.

   The receptionist stared down Kira, his eyes landing on the belt around her waist that was actually a sword.

  "Please remove your belt and place it into the container," he smirked a little, making Harper feel very uncomfortable.

  "I kind of need the belt," Kira squeaked. "I mean, it's crucial to the outfit." 

  "Please remove your belt which patients will attempt to take from you and use to strangle either themselves or others," the man insisted. 

  "Right. Got it."

  She quickly undid the belt and placed it with everything else, the man continuing to just stare at them. Harper moved closer to Lydia, hating the way that he was look in between them both. He probably recognised them from the incident a few months ago.

  Another buzz came from behind them and an old man slipped through the door. He looked at the group of teenagers and nodded, indicating them to follow him. Stiles reached down and grasped Harper's hand as they began to walk behind him down the sprialling staircase.

  "I'll remind you that I'm only doing this is a favour to Deaton," he spoke. "And I'm doing it against my better judgement. While you're down here, try not to make eye contact with anyone... or anything."

  They made their way into the supernatural part of the asylum, the same place that Harper had found Harry in. She recognised the fluorescent, yellow lights from her distant memories, making her shudder a little. The fact that her father wasn't far away now was also making her heartbeat go a little quicker.

   Just as they got to a locked door, Harper realised that Scott and Kira weren't following, causing her to look back. They stood in the middle of the hallway, looking around in confusion.

  "You didn't think you were all going, did you?" The man questioned.

"It's Mountain Ash," Scott realised. "Isn't it?"

   "Everywhere," he nodded. "But heavily concentrated down here." He slid his keycard through the machine, making the door beep open. "Valack's cell is the last one at the end of the hall."

  Lydia and Stiles glanced back at Scott and Kira worriedly, but Harper remained her gaze on the long hall that she had already been down with Jeremy before.

   "We'll be right here," Scott reassured them.

Harper walked through the door, feeling Stiles press his hand against her back reassuringly. Lydia followed as the man shut the door behind them. The hallway was barely lit and freezing cold, making the brunette shiver. Doors were placed either side of the walls, but Harper didn't look into them- she was focused on the last cell.