I hate that I love everything about you

Start from the beginning

When I saw her running away some force in me pulled me to run after her, Priscilla called my name but I didn't care, all I wanted was to reach Emma and make sure she was fine, I wanted to tell her that what she just saw has no meaning to me. Priscilla has no place in my life, I don't even know why I got involved with my PA in the first place. All I know is that after Amy's death I became a mess and now for the first time in two years I'm regretting it.

"Emma stop!" She ran faster now knowing I was after her, but I was able to reach her in no time, I grabbed her arm and turned her to face me.

"I said stop.... "

"Please let me go I shouldn't have come here."

"Have to agree with you on that one, you shouldn't have come to my office."

"Now please let me go home" I don't know why I did the opposite and tighten my hold on her arm making her whimper.

"Adam please, you're hurting me."  What's wrong with me? I quickly released my hold from her arm.

"What are you doing here Emma?"

"I...... I found this file at home, Martha mentioned you meant to bring them to work but left them forgotten at home and I decided to come and give them to you in case they were important. I'm sorry I'll never come here ever again."

"You can come whenever you want, I promise what you just saw means nothing to me."

"Please don't explain yourself to me I'm nobody, I'm stupid, and dum, and ugly and-" 

"Emma stop, you're not one of those things, if someone is stupid here that's me." I had to stop her, it killed me to see her this broken. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I'll deal with that later, now all I wanted was to comfort her so I grabbed her hand . "We are going home now."

In the car all she did was look out the window, sometimes she'll look down and then back to the window. I keep wondering what the hell got me? I'm definitely going crazy, this woman is making me do things and contradicting myself. She has some strong power over me, this can't be I can't be weak if I want to continue with my revenge. I'm so mad at myself for been weak and let this witch play with me, she's just manipulating me and I'm falling like a little rabbit on a trap. I closed my fists to control my anger.

"Stop the car." I order my driver.

"I'm sorry Sir. what did you just say?

"I said stop the car." My tone was harsh, Emma turned to look at me with the same astonish look as my driver gave thru the mirror.

"But Sir we are in the middle of the street, do you want me to go back then?"

"For heaven's fuck, do you know how to follow a simple order, I said stop the car." Without a word he obligated. Now I spoke to Emma.

"Get out!"

"W...... What?"

"Oh you too, zero follow direction skills."

"I know what you mean Adam, but we are not home yet, why do you want us to get out of the car here?"

The nerve of this woman to talk to me like that. That's what I get for showing her my soft spot.

"No darling WE are not getting out of this car, YOU are."

"And how should I get home then?"

"You figure that out, not me, I have my car"

"But-"

"I said OUT !!!" I shouted making her startle. But it worked because she immediately opened the door and stepped out of the car looking confused and full of questions. I looked at my driver, who was even more confused and scared than Emma herself.

"Now drive home and don't you dare question me."

I entered the house greeted Demi and asked Martha to take her upstairs, I don't want my daughter to see me this mad. I walked back and forth in my living room, I wonder what she did, where she is now.

What is taking her so long ? I made sure to leave her not that far away from the house, my heart is beating so fast in my chest right now.

There's no way I'm letting this woman mess with me, enough is enough.

EMMA'S POV

Adam is officially the weirdest person I know. Maybe he's bipolar, only that explain his sudden changes of mood. What kind of asshole leaves his wife in the middle of nowhere while he goes home in his car?

Today is the worst day ever, after the day of my dad's accident. I have to hate this man for bringing me into his life and playing with my feelings like this. I want to cry, cry for he pain I'm feeling physically and for the pain my heart is feeling right now. I'm falling for a monster, how can I have feelings for a person like Adam?

Oh Adam I hate that I love everything about you.

I've been walking for maybe ten minutes now, I can see the mansion at the end of the street, but the pain is unbearable and my steps are slower and slower. Seeing everything in a blur I reach the gate of the mansion, the guard looks surprised to see me like this and walking but he just opens the big gate and I walk in. Everything around me is blurry and moving in slow motion, I know I'm seconds away from fainting I've never endure such pain. God please allow me to reach my bed.

I knock the door and immediately Adam opens it. He grabs my hand and pulls me up the stairs I want to tell him to stop, that I can't walk that fast, that I'm in pain but my strength is gone and I can't manage to get a single word out. I'm surprised to see him walking me into the mysterious room he had forbidden before. He stands in front of the beautiful big painting of the woman with the red dress.

"You see her." I nod, that's all I'm able to do.

"She's my wife Amy, she is the love of my life, she was perfect, elegant, sophisticated, educated, great wife and even greater mother. Amy is dead and with her I buried my heart. You will never be like her, you will never have my heart, you will never be my wife, you might be in paper, but in my heart is her and will always be her, understood?"

I used my last breath to nod a yes.

ADAM'S POV

"...... Understood." I turned to look at her and regret hit me like a punch on the face. Emma's face was pale, she was looking at me but her sight was lost, and then I saw blood coming out of the left side of her mouth, her eyes closed and she fainted, thankfully I was able to hold her avoiding her to hit the floor.

End of this chapter.

Thank you everyone reading this story, you guys have no idea how honored I feel. Please VOTE 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️