Chapter 9 - Dear Diary

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

Dear Diary

Tonight I had my first date with Elijah, yes the same guy who spilt my drink at the grill. He asked me out after talking the whole night.

Elijah took me to a clearing in the forest, it looked over Mystic Falls as the sun set in front of us. He had a picnic basket and blankets, we sat down admiring the view and talked about everything that came to mind.

He has five siblings, four brothers and one sister. I've only seen his sister Rebekah, he pointed her out at the grill. They recently moved back to Mystic Falls from England. His father wanted to expand his business overseas, they settled in his grandfathers house.

Back to the date, we kissed! And it was incredible, like his lips were made for mine. I didn't want to stop kissing but being human, we needed to breathe.

.

.

.

Once Elijah read the last line he thought back to the kiss he shared with Elena only a few days ago, it was as she said 'perfect'. It was indescribable yet he knew exactly what Elena meant in her diary.

He had felt it the other day and he remembered why it felt like the very first time, the memory of that day slowly coming back. It was amazing to read such words and find that they brought something out in him. Elijah could even remember how she smelled, a hint of lavender from her shampoo. It was subtle but very distinct.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kol told me Elijah stopped by the morning after the dinner, what happened?" Rebekah asked her best friend.

"We talked...he told me that he remembers how we first met and the accident. Elijah thinks that I'm making his memories return" Elena explain easily, she still had a smile on her face thinking about the kiss that happened after.

"I'm not stupid Elena, you're hiding something...and that smile on your face doesn't help your defence. So spill..." Rebekah concluded quickly, looking closely at Elena's squirming.

"We might have kissed..." Elena said timidly

"You what?! And you wait three days to tell me!" Rebekah was happy that her best friend had not given up hope about Elijah.

"It was just a kiss and he's engaged. He seems confused and I don't want to add to it. He told me that he loves me, or remembers loving me. But I have two kids to think about, he has to get everything sorted before it can go anywhere." Elena had pleading eyes, hoping that Rebekah would understand.

It wasn't just a kiss, a kiss is an action to portray your affection for another. She already knows how she feels about Elijah. That kiss meant something more, it was almost like a promise that he would return, he may not of realised it at the time, but Elijah's action left Elena wanting.

"Ok, I won't say anything more on it, but you still should of told me. I'm lucky that you're such an easy read." Rebekah joked lightly, Elena just chuckled in response as she cleared away the washing.

The twins were at daycare and Elena had been at home writing. Rebekah only stopped by on her lunch break. The young Mikaelson wanted to check that she was okay after Friday nights dinner. They had spoken by phone, but obviously Elena didn't want to kiss and tell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elijah had spent the day reading the diary, only his secretary had attempted to interrupt him. She gave up trying after Elijah explicitly expressed that no one was to disturb him. To tell everyone that he was in meetings all day, Elijah shut himself away and kept reading.

He had reached six months into dating Elena. It was like watching a movie about their lives. Elena wanted to celebrate their six month anniversary and being the doting boyfriend he was, Elijah made sure to make it perfect.

.

.

.

Dear Diary,

I've been with Elijah for six months today, the time has flown by so quickly. I didnt expect Elijah to turn up before school just to hand me some flowers and a note that told me he would pick me up at 6pm.

When I opened the door, Elijah was dressed in a black suit, and wow did he look handsome. Elijah had obviously borrowed his fathers car, because instead of the Impala he usually drove, I was led to a Silver Bentley.

We headed to a restaurant in Richmond, Elijah even pulled my seat out for me and obviously paid the bill. It was so romantic, and to finish the night off he gave me my anniversary present. Which happened to be a necklace with an umbrella on it.

It may seem confusing and less romantic, but it meant everything. The umbrella symbolizes how we met, he showered me in my drink and Elijah always jokes that I should either wear a raincoat or buy an umbrella. Getting drinks spilt over me seems to be becoming a common occurrence.

I bought Elijah a wallet. Since our first meeting, he had kept his money and I.D. in a barely held together piece of leather. He refused to change it because he said that it held sentimental value. I told him to store his old wallet in a safe place and use the new one.

.

.

.

Elijah smiled as he fumbled around to retrieve the wallet sitting in his back pocket. It was black, worn and filled with personal items and nonsense such as receipts. He had kept it since that six month anniversary. Not all couples celebrated the half year anniversary but they did.

Looking at the wallet some more, something came to him and compelled Elijah to open the wallet and search a little opening that was barely used. His assumption was correct when he later revealed a small picture of both him and Elena.

It was a photobooth picture and Elijah could remember having Elena sit on his lap kissing his cheek, she chuckled a little as she was making the peace sign above his head, making it look like he had bunny ears. Only Elijah noticed in the reflection and started to tickle Elena.

The photo he held in his hand was the moment after Elena had fallen off his lap from trying to avoid being tickled. They had their foreheads touching as they looked into each other's eyes, it showed the love they shared.

Elijah put the photo back in the wallet in the same place as before, only this time he knew it was there. He continued to read the diary. The whole day had passed him before he realised it.