Flashback: Confirmation

Start from the beginning

Chenle contemplates, scratching his chin in thought. "I guess if I had to say some, it would probably be Mark. He can be pretty unintentionally adorable, I have to say." A chorus of 'Oohs' sounds throughout the room, and Mark looks satisfied, validated that his friend thinks he's the most attractive out of all of us, and he gives Chenle a high-five.

"Good choice, Lele," Haechan agrees, leaping over me to wrestle Mark playfully. My eyes widen, startled by Haechan's hyper antics. He probably ate too many cookies earlier. Meanwhile, Jisung's still resting on Mark, but as soon as he sees Haechan, his jaw drops and he scrambles over to Chenle, scared to get caught up in Haechan's ambush, but easily and agreeably settles down on Chenle's shoulder to rest.

"Calm down there, Haechannie," I say carefully, worried that Haechan will get out of control. The two of us are the excitable, mischievous ones of the crew, and it's easy to tell when Haechan starts to get a little too mischievous, and hits the annoying mark, or annoyed Mark, shall I say. I have my moments, but I'm more reserved and in-control of myself than Haechan is.

Mark finally escapes Haechan's grasp, hiding behind Renjun on the couch. "You know, Mark, Renjun doesn't really provide much protection, especially Haechannie. Junnie's pretty much a twig in all aspects of his being and Haechan can shove right past him," Jeno smirks, teasing Renjun.

Renjun first looks quite unamused, and then steam practically starts shooting out of his ears, and he shouts, "You better fucking take that back, Lee Jeno!" Renjun launches off the couch and starts chasing Jeno like a madman around Chenle's grand living room, despite knowing that Jeno's much faster. Nevertheless, Jeno quickly becomes terrified and keeps racing around the room, as I watch happily, quite amused as I practically start crying tears of laughter.

What I didn't realize immediately, was that once Renjun left to chase Jeno, it left Mark unprotected, allowing Haechan to continue his ambush. With the exception of our tired, little Jisung, everybody dissolves into a ball of chaos, as I continue to watch, very entertained by the scenes in front of me.

Sighing, I remember it again; this is why I love them so much. They give me so much joy by simply being themselves, and I always feel so wanted by them, especially when things go crazy at my house. 

My parents love me very much; I know that, but they're always so preoccupied with my younger sibling's every need, or helping my older siblings with college applications and all of that shit. But as soon as I'm surrounded by these six boys, I feel like they always care for me and pay attention to me. Maybe it's selfish, but everyone wants to be actively loved, and I'm no exception.

Finally collecting themselves, everyone calms down and gets ready to proceed with our game of Truth or Dare.

"Okay," Chenle begins, pondering, "I'll choose Jeno. Truth or dare?"

Without hesitation, Jeno proudly says, "Dare!" He thumps his chest with his fist comically, finally beginning to lose his "no-jamness," or at least abandoning that quality for a few minutes. My hearts flutters a bit, suddenly feeling very fond of Jeno as one of his signature eye-smiles paints his face. 

When I first met Jeno, I complimented his smile, and I still stand by that compliment today. I think his smile is gorgeous, and if I'm honest, I remind him of that very often, even if he ignores my compliments. What can I say? People can get pretty fed up or flustered by my bluntness. That's just the way I am.

"Ooh, Jeno's getting a bit wild!" Jisung teases, suddenly rejuvenating as he cracks open an orange soda, relying on sugar to keep him awake. What an amateur. He'll feel sick to his stomach tomorrow because of his sugar overload, but I guess that I'll just have to take care of him. That's what I'm best for, especially in this friend group. God, I adore these idiots way too much.