Prologue: Mark

Mark Lee was born in Vancouver to a doctor, his father, and an upcoming artist, his mother. Both were Korean ethnically, but Canadian nationally, and neither knew much of their country of origin, as they grew up in Canada. However, they both spoke Korean, and when Mark was 4, they relocated to Seoul to pursue new and better opportunities awaiting them. Mark didn't grow up completely immersed in the Korean language, so when he arrived, he struggled to become fluent, but the struggle ended somewhat quick due to his young age and bright intellect, which made it easier to learn the language. Despite moving at such a young age, Mark retained and constantly practiced his first language, English, as to not lose his fluency in it.

Mark was a natural born leader. His leadership qualities didn't show through traits such as being bossy, overly confident, or smart, but rather through the way he would never leave anyone behind, support those around him, and use his wits not to help himself, but others. His parents knew he was going to be something great, even when he was so young. He just absorbed information so easily and was particularly smart for kids his age. Mark always had a desire to lead and learn; it was written in his DNA.

Even though everyone was aware of how smart the boy was, they never knew how far he would go and the opportunities he would receive, and that made it all the more hard to leave the ones he loved the most. Especially leaving six boys, who became his life, as he dedicated his time to leading them, helping them succeed, and holding all of them together as best friends.

___________________________________________________________________

Well, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Mark is going to be the focus of the book later on, so I hope you all look forward to that. The "Prologue" section of the book is almost over, and we'll soon be reaching the "Flashback" section of the book, where the chapters will be longer and more substantial.

If you enjoyed this, please VOTE and COMMENT. I love reading my reader's thoughts on my books, so I'd love to hear yours as well.