Euphoria

Jungkook wears his new Chukkas on the walk to Euphoria and it feels like he's walking on clouds every step of the way, they fit him so comfortably.

Unforuntately, since the café has a fairly strict dress code for wait-staff (black trousers, 'respectable' footwear, white button-down shirt, and a pale-pink apron sporting the eatery's logo tied about the waist), he's forced to tuck them away in his locker as soon as he gets there. The only upside to the enforced dress code is the fact that management will pay the full expenses for your first uniform with the expectation that it's the employee's responsibility to keep it clean and purchase any necessary replacements.

He's been careful to take very good care of his Euphoria footwear because they're super good quality dress shoes that he really can't afford to replace; he always removing them before leaving the café to avoid causing water-damage or excessive wear and tear, so unlike the rest of his shoe collection at home, these ones are actually in a fairly good state of repair.

Still, they're not half as awesome as Timberlands, and he can't resist sneaking his new Chukkas out of his locker during break to snap a quick photo, sending it to Yugyeom as he munches on a few macaroons from the platter of delectable 'kitchen rejects' on the nearby coffee table (there are many perks to working at Euphoria, but free food is definitely up there near the top of the list).

'OMG dude!! I thought you said they cost too much?' Yugyeom texts back, after a spamming multiple hearts and shocked emojis. 'Did the store give you a bonus this month or something?'

Jungkook's lips twitch up in a grin, thumbs hovering over the touchscreen as he debates whether to tell his friend the truth or not. Like Binnie, the Werewolf tends to worry about him unnecessarily, and if Yugyeom thought that a potentially very powerful stranger had silently snuck into Jungkook's apartment (even with good intentions) while he was asleep...yeah, that might not go down so well.

And oh god, he really can't risk Jaebum finding out, not ever. Being Yugyeom's best friend, Jungkook had been semi-adopted by the rest of the wolf's pack within a matter of weeks, and although he really does appreciate all the skinship whenever he hangs out at Jaebum's den (that dormant bunny-hybrid side of him loves a good cuddle, and Werewolves are super tactile creatures by nature), it's hard to hide anything from them. They're always very quick to pick up on his chronic lack of sleep, his insufficient dietary intake and his stress-levels (damn their sensitive noses). As a Pack they all have a tendency to fuss, but he knows it's only because they see him as being the maknae right alongside Yugyeom. Jaebum won't be happy if he hears about Jungkook's recent home-invasion (or his willingness to let a total stranger into his house when nobody else was home), and it's likely Yugyeom will be concerned enough by the news to share it with the older wolf without hesitation. That won't end well for Kookie; Alphas can be very protective of their cubs, even a predominantly-human-and-not-really-a-Pack-member cub like Jungkook.

'Long story,' he answers vaguely, deciding to play it safe. 'Tell you after work on Monday?'

At least that gives him another forty-eight hours to either think of a good excuse to explain why he's suddenly acquired shoes that weren't remotely affordable last week, or find the balls to tell Yugyeom the truth.

"Jungkookie?"

It's Suyeon, the manager on duty this afternoon, smiling wincingly as she lingers in the doorway to the break room.

"I'm sorry, I know you're on break," she apologises, "but a customer just came in asking for you. I'm happy to assign him to someone else, but I figured he might be one of your regulars, and I know how possessive you get..."