My Monster Part 3

My Trap.

My fear pounces on me, tackling me to the floor. I scream and kick and try to hide, but nothing will make him leave. There is no escape! I am sufficating. The room is now so full of fear I am up to my neck. A few more inches and I drown.

Someone is knocking on the door, trying to get in. "Let me help you! I can help you! You'll die if you don't!"

Fear grows bigger, now I am swimming, trying desperately to keep my mouth above the surface. My energy is fading fast, pure terror stealing the strength from my veins. There is only one option.

I swim to the door. Memories flash into the room, pain nearly cripples me. Tears stream down my face as I reach for the handle. It burns my hand, but releasing my grip doesn't lower the level of fear drowning me. I have no choice. I pull the door open a crack. The pain is too much. I collapse. Despair covers me like a cloak. I will never be free. I will die like this.

Suddenly a hand is pulling me up, someone is reaching through the door and lifting me. 

The pain is still just too much for me to open the door the rest of the way, but I'm the only one who can. "It's okay, I'll hold you up. I'll wait with you until you're ready." A voice reasures me.

Now I cry not only because of the pain, but because of the patience. I am still on the verge of drowning, but Someone is holding me up, soothing me. My fear tries to overwhelm me, but I have a hand to hold while I wait him out.

No matter how bad things get, I have a ray of hope to hold me up when the waves hit.