"Oh, I didn't know that," I said.

"Me neither," Jaden said, and suddenly all eyes in the car were on the Alpha.

"There was no reason for you to know about it. Not until now," Rayleigh said, and let out a heavy sigh, before he stopped the car. "This is as far as we can go by car."

I looked out of the window and saw that we were surrounded by snow and massive trees. There was indeed no way to continue by car. We all exited the car, while another one pulled up right behind us. Aurora and two other werewolves stepped out and joined our little group.

"It's this way," Rayleigh said, and started walking. We all followed him in silence, pushing through the fresh snow, and I thought we had a long way ahead of us, but it took us only a few minutes before I saw another tiny cabin in front of us, but this one wasn't like the rest of them.

It looked deserted and very, very unfriendly as we approached it. For one, the small yard it had was surrounded by a heavy-looking iron fence, and the house itself was mostly made of the same material. The windows had thick bars in front of them, and the roof was bombarded by spikes and barbed wire that were sticking out of the snow.

"It might not look pretty, but it's even stronger than it seems," Rayleigh said. "It's made of lunar stones, dwarven iron and witchtree."

"Lunar... what?" I stammered.

"Lunar stones to weaken the body and soothe the mind," Jaden said. "And there's no stronger iron than the dwarven iron."

"And witchtree can heal itself," Tilly added.

"Oh, I see..." I muttered. It was a lie, but my head was still hurting. We were almost by the gates, when my curiosity won over the headache. "What do you mean, heal itself?"

"If you break it, it'll just go back to how it was," Jaden said. "Like if you snap a twig and put the ends back together, it will become whole again."

"Handy material for interior," Aurora said. "Our kind can tear away at it as long as we want, and it will keep healing back to normal. Without it, we would have to redecorate the whole place after every full moon."

"We'll just have to..." Rayleigh started speaking, but yawned widely before he could continue, "...get the fire going. There's only two beds so you guys have to share."

"I'll just sleep on the floor in my wolf form," Jaden said.

"We can sleep in one bed in our wolf forms," Tilly said. "Oliver can have his own bed."

"You don't have to do that," I tried to object, but they just chuckled at me.

"Then where are you going to sleep?" Jaden asked, patting my back. "We're used to sharing the bed, don't worry."

"Oh," I muttered, and stopped to wait with the others while Rayleigh opened the big and sturdy gate. He had to use some force to get it open through the snow, but I guess it was nothing for a werewolf. I wouldn't have been able to move it an inch.

We followed him up the stairs, onto the porch, and then inside once the door was open. I stared at the house with wide eyes. It was nothing like I thought it would be! I thought it would be more like a cold dungeon, but instead it was a nice little cabin with wooden walls and floors, and it seemed to be fully furnished – for a house that had no electricity.

The house was small, the front door was basically in the kitchen, and the living room area with a couch and an armchair was on the right. When I stepped deeper into the building, I saw two bedrooms at the back, facing each other, and another sturdy door at the back.