Family Dinner

Every week no matter how busy or what they were going through, they carried on their parents tradition of a family cookout every Sunday. Excluding the two years they all wanted to forget.

Ally wasn't enjoying this one quite so much however, Dom had invited Brian. She knew Dom was starting to trust him but everything about him seemed wrong to her. She had put out her inquiries on him and was waiting for the results to come in. She didn't like what she had found, there were too many inconsistencies, but she had no proof for Dom yet.

When the rest of the crew had comeback from the store she knew Vince would be pissed that Brian was there. She didn't think he would turn and leave like that though. He tore off in a cloud of smoke. She hated what was happening to her family.

Dom was barbecuing chicken, and Mia had given her a break this time and was handling the sides on her own. "Come on, Mia! The chicken is getting dry." Ally laughed, Dom was not a patient man...in most things.

Mia, Jesse and Brian came out of the kitchen carrying sides and beers. They hugged and laughed, everyone sitting down for dinner. She grabbed Dom's hand as they sat and waited for the first to forget their manners. It wasn't a long wait as Jesse made a dive for the chicken.

Dom and Mia reaches out towards him just like Pop used to. "Because you were the first out of everyone to reach into the chicken, you say grace." Brian looked stunned they said grace. What? You can't race and still have faith?

She and Mia made the sign of the cross and the table bowed their heads

She and Mia made the sign of the cross and the table bowed their heads.  "Dear heavenly uhhh" "spirit" Leon helped the kid, getting an approving look from Dom. "Thank you. Dear heavenly spirit, thank you for the direct nitrous port injections, ball bearing turbos..."

She and Mia looked up by now and were smiling at how Jesse chose to pray

She and Mia looked up by now and were smiling at how Jesse chose to pray. "And titanium valve springs." The group clapped. "Amen." "Not bad!" Dom smiled telling the kid. Her sister loved it, "Praying to the car gods, man."

The food was flowing around the table. Bowls changing hands, when Leon looked over their shoulders. "Well look who it is, Old Coyotes 'R Us. I thought you weren't hungry pumpkin."

Vince shrugged, "You know I gotta eat

Vince shrugged, "You know I gotta eat." "He's always hungry." Her sister added. They all looked to Dom for his decision, "Alright, sit down." He said waving Vince to the empty seat by her sister. He kissed Dom on the head in apology as he walked to his seat. "I'm glad you came back, Vincent." Ally said quietly. He just patted her shoulder, not good with emotion.

Dom watched him as he took a seat across from Brian. They didn't start anything, just stared for a moment. Her sister defused the tension, patting Vince on the back, "Let's eat some grub, man." The rest of dinner went without a hitch.

They went in when it got dark and decided to watch a movie. She got outvoted and they watched a car chase movie, big surprise. She was laying against the couch on Dom when Vince mentioned popcorn. "Don't break my microwave, Vincent!" He had a bad habit of breaking appliances when he was drinking. "Ya, Vincent." Leon provokes from the floor. Vince smiled and pretended to kick him.

Hopefully, Mia wouldn't let him break too much. She went back to watching the movie. Well, pretending she was while Dom ran his hand through her hair. She was half asleep when Vince came through the living room like a raging bull.

"Make your own damn popcorn!" He yelled as he stormed out

The next day seemed to go smooth. Until later that night when Dom got a call from Vince. She didn't know exactly what Vince said, but it got Dom out of bed and moving fast. "Wait here, I'll be back soon. I have to go help Vince with something." She watched as he threw on his clothes. "Just so you know. You'll be telling me everything later." She said and turned back to the tv.

He kissed her before leaving. "Don't I always." He said and grabbed his keys leaving. She didn't know what happened, but Dom was next to her when she woke up.