10 Second Car?

The next day they were back to business like usual. Ally and Mia taking care of the paperwork and the rest fixing up cars. Her sister looked dipped in grease from the transmission she was working on. She had sent Mia to hunt down Dominic to get prices from him, the man hates paperwork and bills. But it was one of the responsibilities of having your name on the building.

DT racing was one of the most sought after and respected garages in southern Cali, anyone who  wanted to race like Dom wanted him to work on their car. They never seemed to realize that the car was only about 20% of why Dominic was the best. The rest was found in his DNA and his passion. She remembered watching Papa Toretto race when they were younger. He was where Dom got his values and low for family.

When Dom's mom died when Mia was just a baby he did the best he could to be both. He didn't run or hide from his responsibilities he worked everyday, helped with homework, did Mia's hair (though he did sometimes need help from her mom). Their mom was a single parent as well so being neighbors was a blessing.

Their parents had worked it out so they could both work full time jobs and never have to leave the kids alone. It was a family of their own making. She missed Papa Torreto very day, she knew he would be proud of the man his son was.

She was laughing as she watched Mia try to get Dom to help with invoices. Ok, she was shamelessly checking him out, but he was hers so why not?

 Ok, she was shamelessly checking him out, but he was hers so why not?

When they all heard the noise of a truck backing up. It wasn't a delivery day, Ally thought with a frown. Maybe a broken down car getting a tow?

Well, she was half right, she thought setting her feet straight and standing up. Grabbing her crutches she made it to the bay as who else but Brian Spilner jumped out of the flat bed truck. She saw what she thought might have been a Supra on the trucks bed. Had this guy lost his mind?

Happy to get away from paperwork Dom walked out, "What the hell is this?" He asked one arm leaning on the bay door. Ally made her way up and leaned against him. He put his free arm around her shoulders. "What'd ya got here?" He asked sarcastically with a sigh. "This is your car." Brian Said with a smart ass smirk. "My car??" Dom asked laughingly pointing to himself.

Jesse hit the side panel seeing if it would stay on, making Ally giggle. She went into business mode, scanning the car she took in all the pieces and their condition. Talking a few steps closer while Dom was busy talking she looked under the car taking stock. "I said a 10 second car not a 10 minute car." Dom quipped. Dom walked up putting his arm around her waist, he was such a worrier!

She was shocked at what she saw under the car. The frame was salvageable, but it was the engine that was the star. There was no way that this guy who couldn't race should know about this. It was a high performance engine that with the right mechanic, such as Dom, would hit speeds rivaling his.

"No faith!" She heard Brian day. She couldn't help but agree. The car was good find but she had no faith in the man that brought it. She would run the vin later to see where this had come from. She knew Dom would want this piece of junk when he saw the gem hidden. She mentally sighed though thinking of how much fixing this up would cost. She started putting together a list of parts and prices together in her head.