chapter sixteen

"I'm not ready." I sighed, pushing one of my t-shirts in my suitcase, harshly trying to fit it in, seeing as there was already too much inside.

"You are." Sarah reassured, I could tell she was smiling through the phone, which made me smile myself.

"I've never done this before, what if I mess it all up." I push down all the items in my suitcase, nearly breaking the whole thing.

"Hazel, you've been doing photography for years, you were, like, born for this." She exclaimed, her voice getting higher, making it sound like she was squealing.

"I know but, I don't know." I say, giggling as finished what I was saying, realising that it all sound stupid.
Maybe she was right.

I explained to Sarah I should finish packing, leading to us saying our goodbyes. As I hung up, I placed my last piece of clothing in the suitcase, and attempting to zip it up.

Geoff: coffee?

Looking at the message appear on my screen, I rolled my eyes before laughing softly and smiling along with it.
I looked over towards my barely stable suitcase and sighed, knowing I still wasn't fully packed, I texted Geoff back.

me: dinner?

I was starving, it was around five in the evening and I haven't eaten all day.
I felt my stomach rumble as I impatiently waited for a reply, growing hungrier and hungrier by the minute.

geoff: deal. i'll be there in 20.

I threw my phone on my bed, running to my mirror and looking at myself, realising I looked pretty gross.
I grabbed a towel before taking a shower, smiling at random moments as I washed my hair.

Throwing on a pair of ripped black shorts, my phone rang, I sighed heavily before picking it up and answering it, not bothered to look at the caller id.

"Hey, I'm outside." Geoff plainly said, taking a breath, waiting for me to answer.

"Just let me get my shoes on and I'll be outside." I smiled, but then realising he can't see through the phone.

He hung up, leaving me to run around my room, hurriedly searching my wardrobe for a nice enough top to wear. I threw on a worn-out nirvana top, which was grey and went well with the shorts.

I ran into the bathroom, putting on eyeliner and smudging it out on my waterline, then putting on some concealer and mascara.

I grabbed my keys on my way out of room, then going to the door and taking my checkered vans I had left there. I locked up before leaving and basically sprinting down the halls, I made it to the last door, not running so that I wouldn't look like an idiot.

"Hey." I said as I opened the door, to what I'm guessing is Geoff's car, continuing to sit down in the front seat.

"Hi Hazel!" Otto screamed, saying before Geoff opened his mouth to respond to me.

I was taken back, I didn't know Otto would be in the car, along with-

"Hi." Awsten said, not looking at me, and continuing to scroll through instagram.

"Hi guys." I said happily, giving Geoff a look, I wasn't expecting Otto or even Awsten to come along with us.

He smiled back, forcing it which I noticed almost immediately. I put my seatbelt on, then sitting back and getting comfortable.