chapter twelve

Everyone's heads were turning in confusion, switching glances and looks between me and Waterparks.
I tried not to notice the large amount
of people staring at us, but it was hard.

I kept my gaze with Awsten, but switching the look to Geoff and the other one at times, but mainly Awsten.

There was something about Awsten that I couldn't quite place my finger on, he was mysterious and intriguing but
awkward and a bit aggressive, it was hard to guess his personality from those things.

He kept his gaze on me, hardly moving his pupils or even blinking.
His mouth was open slightly, I'm guessing in shock or confusion but with him, it was hard to tell.
A piece of hair fell down on his face, until he pushed it back up, and adjusted his glasses.

We stayed in the same positions for awhile, keeping eye contact and leaving our bodies still, eventually Paul spoke up, coughing first to catch everyone's attention.

"Do you know each other?" Paul questioned, scratching his head.

"Will you excuse us for a minute." Awsten said, before walking over to me and telling me to follow him outside, leaving everyone confused.

We both walked outside in unison, I followed him out to the hall, picking a corner far from the room we
were just in. We both looked at each other in wonder, before he spoke up.

"You can't tell them what happened, it would ruin everything, I don't care if you say we're friends or whatever but just don't tell them." He mumbled.

"Y-yeah, of course." I stuttered, keeping my eyes glued to the ground.

I could feel him staring at me, not saying anything but looking at me, I was unsure as to why he was, I was scared maybe I did something wrong until I looked down at the jumper I was wearing.

"Is that mine?" He pointed towards the jumper I had on, a puzzled and agitated look appeared on his face.

"Oh, em, yeah. I didn't have anything to wear and I panicked and-" I rambled, getting lost in my worst and dragging on with excuses, which didn't help.

"Okay, I get it." He smiled crookedly, trying to hide his real feelings, I knew he was slightly angry but I didn't want to make it worse by mentioning it.

We stood there for a few seconds, gathering our thoughts and the situation, until he decided to break the awkwardness by walking away and back into the room. I followed him, nervous about going back in to greet a curious boss along with everyone else.

As we entered the room everyone stared at us, Awsten walked back over to Geoff and I went back to where I was sitting, I think Awsten tried to ignore the looks as much as I was.
The room stayed silent for awhile, everyone still looking at the both of us in confusion.

"Anyways, lets get on with today's meeting." Paul announced, awkwardly looking around, his attention being brought to me and Awsten at times.

Everyone nodded, shifting uncomfortably in their seats, trying to get in the right position, seeing as we could be here for hours.

The meeting was mainly about Waterparks and their new album, it hadn't been announced yet and we were the first to know, which was exciting I guess. Paul would sometimes ask the boys to speak about the album and songs they've done in the past,
they talked about their eps they had made in the past and what they are planning for the future, along with a new tour that was coming up soon.