chapter fifteen

a/n: i put on a song for this chapter, idk i think it goes nicely with it.

I woke up the next morning, along with a migraine and last nights makeup smudged all over my face.
I remembered that I had work today and that I should probably get up and get ready, which I decided to do.

Before I left the house, I took some pills, hoping that they could calm my migraine.

•••

That day at work was tiring and exhausting, since Awsten turned up, Paul wanted us to get straight to recording and all of the music side of things.

When I first seen Awsten walk through the door, I was shocked since yesterday he wouldn't leave his room let alone come to work. He didn't seem to pay attention to anyone at work, only caring to speak to the boys and Paul.

I was sitting at my small desk earlier on in the day, that was close to the main door, which most people came through to get onto the floor we all work on.
Awsten walked through the door, which I didn't expect. While he was walking he didn't look around, keeping his head down, and looking at ground as he walked.
He walked past my desk, slightly tripping over a bin that was on the side of the desk.

He looked up, bringing his attention to the person at the desk, which was me.

"Oh, Awsten, are you okay?" I questioned, making sure he didn't hurt himself, although it sounded as though I wanted to see how he was after what happened yesterday.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks." He mumbled, bringing his eyes back down to the ground and walking off, before I could respond back.

His voice was sweet, but it had a bit of
raspy tone to it. Along with his hair messily spread across his forehead,
the hair sticking to his forehead due to sweat. His glasses were sitting on the end of his nose, close to falling off completely.

He looked cute, but in a friend way,
I mean. You know? A complement.

•••

"We're going for drinks, do you wanna come?" Geoff hinted at, smiling as he finished his sentence.

This was a few weeks later, or maybe months, but I wasn't counting.
We spent most of our days at work, the boys in the studio and me, taking photos for other bands at the label, along with Waterparks, when they were recording or when they had the odd interview here and there.

During this time, I grew closer to Geoff, along with Otto, but I wasn't as close to him as I was with Geoff.
I never really talked to Awsten much, maybe a small conversation when they were getting their photos taken.
Somehow, he was still upset at times,
which brought me back to what happened between him and his ex.

"Oh, I don't drink." I frowned, feeling a bit self-conscious, knowing that most people my age go out and drink and party in clubs for fun, while I don't do any of that.

"Oh, that's fine. Awsten doesn't drink either." He smiled, his face brightened up slightly when I mentioned that I don't drink, which was unusual.

"Em, sure." I said, giving Geoff a forced smile, which must have been believable since he never said anything.

I didn't really want to spend my night with Awsten, he never seemed to take enjoyment or even smile during our conversations or interaction.
At times he wouldn't even talk, but when he did, he wouldn't put much effort into it.