Chapter Two

Note

I'm not the best writer, but I just love it.

-A Birthday Party-
Part 1
17 years later.....

"I bet you five galleons you won't do it."

"I don't need your petty money, I'm plenty capable of just walking right over and snogging her right now."

"Oh yeah, if you're so sure of yourself why haven't you done it then?"

"Are you sure you're Harry Potter's son?"

A flame caught behind the boys eyes and pure determination settled over him.

"I better have five galleons in the palm of my hand when I get back." Albus said, and rushed over towards the daughter of Neville Longbottom, who stood beside Cassie Thomas.

"Oh, hello Albus, having a nice party?" She asked with her sweet smile as soon as he stopped in front of her.

All of his determination died as soon as their eyes met and his shoulders sank.

He smiled and his cheeks reddening, "Uh, yeah."

"You're mother is quite the party thrower, I may need her to throw me a birthday party as well." Eileen said, smiling brightly at a very red Albus.

He smiled bashfully and scratched the back of his neck. "Uh yeah, so Eileen, listen, I uh,"

"Oh look, Albus, you're Aunt has just arrived."

Albus' eyes dart over towards the front door and there, in all her glory, is Hermione Granger. His bashful smile brightens and he excuses himself quickly.

She had been staying with his father for the past few weeks, his mother told him in his letters. It's been months since he's actually saw her though. Good thing Headmistress Mcgonagall has a soft spot for his father or this birthday party would have never have happened outside of Hogwarts grounds.

"Aunt Mione?" Albus exclaims, engulfing Hermione in a bear hug.

"Albus, how are you, happy birthday." She said, smoothing his wild hair, reminding her to much of his father.

"I'm great now," Albus said with a snort, "I asked her not to do all this."

Hermione laughs, "That's where she's like your grandmum."

"I think they're conspiring against me." Albus said, earning a laugh from his Aunt.

"I think so." Hermione said, "How's second year treating you?"

"It's good, Professor McGonagall hasn't changed a bit if that's what your asking."

"I never assumed she had, stubborn witch she is."

Albus laughs, "All of your stories of her were true, I only wish she was my head of house." His smile fades.

Hermione smile falters again, knowing Albus never wanted to be a Slytherin.