Chapter Fifteen

McGee awoke with a banging headache. He let out a soft groan and cracked open his eyes and adjusted to the dim light in the basement.

He was chained to the wall, just like how Jade was all the time.

Jade stood above him, a smirk on her lips. "Enjoy your sleep?"

McGee snarled and tried getting free but he knew it was useless without the keys.

"You little bitch," he leaned back on the wall. "How did you do it?"

Jade grinned. "Well it was simple really, after Julia died I was devastated but I eventually got over it," she dragged the knife along the wall. "So I just acted I was this poor little weak shit that was broken and my plan successfully worked."

She grinned as she continued. "I knew Cheverston wanted to get into my fathers vault, so I told him where it was and stuff and he fell right into my trap."

"I may be a useless no god little girl but," she angled the knife at him. "I was the pawn, now the queen, he's the king and I've just got him in checkmate."

She shrugged her shoulders. "I knew my father never worked on Saturdays so it was perfect. Cheverston gave me his jacket and I got his phone, texted you, got you down here, I already had spiked your drink earlier when you went to the bathroom."

"So I just had to wait till it all fell into place," she twisted the knife in her hands. "And now that it has, I'm going to make you suffer."

McGee began to plead. "Please Jade, I never meant any of it, Cheverston made me do it. I-I swear."

Jade laughed and shook her head. "Pathetic, you're one sick coward you know that?"

She aimed the knife at him, her hands shaking slightly. "I outsmarted both of you and now I'm going to make you suffer like hell like you did to me."

"You're to weak to do it." He snarled.

She smiled, cocking her head to the side. "Am I?"

And Jade began with her revenge.

~
Robertson flicked his eyes open and groaned. He was still in pain from the accident.

Cheverston sat opposite him, a knife in hand. Robertson was tied heavily down to a chair with ropes and zipties to keep him secure.

He tugged at the restraints but grunted as pain spread across his chest.

Cheverston only smirked at him, his knife dancing between his finger tips.

"If you're going to kill me," Robertson breathed out. "Then do it."

Cheverston laughed. "Oh don't worry Ryan, I will kill you. But first," he held the knife to his throat. "I'm going to make you suffer."

Cheverston stabbed the knife into Robertson's thigh which caused him to yelp. "Somewhere for it to rest while we have a bit of fun."

Cheverston balled his hands into fists and swung at Robertson. He repeatedly brought his fist down on Robertson's face until he was out of breath.

He panted, at last lowering his fist from Robertson's bloodied and bruised face.

"Before I die," Robertson wheezed. "Why?"

"Why?" Cheverston panted? "Are you honestly that stupid?"

Robertson nodded his head. "I must be."

Cheverston snarled lowly at him. "You killed my only son!"

SMACK!

Robertson spat blood on the floor and recovered from the punch.

Robertson furrowed his brows as he breathed heavily. "You had a son?"

Cheverston narrowed his slits. "Were you even listening when I told you about my son?"

Robertson shook his head. "I was in to much of a crisis to think about anything but Jade."

Cheverston had tears in his eyes as he told the story. "My son was my life. Yes, he was troublesome but I was trying to help him and he was willing to get better. He just lost his temper and killed someone by accident. He didn't even mean it."

Cheverston looked at Robertson with venomous eyes as tears rolled down his cheeks. "And you shot him dead because he wouldn't cooperate."

Robertson's mouth was ajar. "That was your son? The one I shot in the woods three years ago-"

"YES!" He screamed. "He was only a boy," Cheverston sobbed, aiming his pistol at Robertson. "And you killed him."

"Darren," Robertson said softly. "I'm so sorry."

Cheverston slammed his pistol into Robertson's chest. "Well sorry isn't going to bring him back is it!"

Robertson coughed up blood as the pistol hit his chest. He panted as he looked at Cheverston. "If I go back in time and change things..... I would."

Cheverston growled. "Too late for that Ryan," he let out a low rumble laugh. "I've waited three fucking years for my revenge."

He clicked the safety off the gun. "And now I'm avenging him."

"Cheverston," Robertson began. "This won't make a difference-"

Robertson gasped as the bullet hit his stomach. He looked down at himself through the ropes to find blood spilling from his shirt rapidly.

Cheverston lowered his gun, tucking it into his waistband. "Just so you know Ryan,"

Cheverston looked back at Robertson before leaving. "When I get back to the house, I'm going to bring Jade here, and gut her like a fish."

Cheverston turned on his heel and left, leaving Robertson to bleed out in the chair in an abandoned house in the middle of the woods.

~
Jade stared at McGees corpse, her hands shaking as she took her hands off the knife sticking out of his throat.

She had butchered him. She stumbled backwards and quickly fumbled for the key in her pocket and shakily unlocked the cuffs.

She made the scene look like she was using self defence so she wouldn't go to prison.

She made a few mini and large cuts on herself to make it more realistic. She wiped her finger prints off most of the evidence and stepped back.

She bolted for the stairs and grabbed Cheverstons phone and dialled 911.

"Hello 911 what's your emergency?" The woman asked.

"Please help me," Jade pleaded. "I'm in the middle of the woods and I don't where I am."

"Hang on miss," the woman said. "I'm tracking your phone now."

There was a few clicks of the mouse before the woman spoke. "Stay where you are miss, help is on the way."

Jade ended the phone call and waited for the police.

She stared down at the basement stairs and her stomach churned.

What happened down there would stay down there and she'd tell no one what she did.

All she knew is that she was getting out of there once and for all.

Changed it back again. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

Also love all your comments from previous chapters they crack me up 😂 and I'm concerned for some of you.