Chapter Thirteen

Jade was still the motionless human she was a week ago. She refused to eat. She refused to do anything.

She was slowly driving herself insane with all the thoughts racing around her mind at the same time.

Chevrerston was forced to give her injections with calcium, vitamins, iron, etc, to keep her alive.

McGee sat in the kitchen, catching up on some of his knitting while Cheverston stared at him in disbelief.

McGee stopped short and gave Cheverston a look. "What?"

"You're a fifty-six year-old that knits," he shook his head. "Only grandmas do that."

McGee glared at him. "Everyone has their hobbies."

Cheverston snorted. "Like killing people and knitting? Great hobbies McGee."

McGee drew his knitting on the table. "Says the one whose planning a sadistic revenge on some stupid police officer and loves to torture people."

Cheverston narrowed his slits. "Once we get the money from that vault, we're never going to see each other again."

"Agreed."

Cheverston and McGee didn't particularly like each other. They only partnered up to torture Robertson and get the money. Cheverston knew it was a good partnership, McGee loves torturing women, and Cheverston loves torturing Robertson.

A match made in heaven.

Cheverston went into the living room to find Jade staring at the wall and the other girls whispering quietly to each other.

He sat next to her, rubbing a hand up and down her thin arm that was covered in goosebumps from the cold.

He tucked a strand of her messy strawberry-blonde hair behind her ear and whispered to her. "Jade, we need to work together to get you out of here."

Jade didn't respond. Cheverston sighed. "Please Jade, unless you want your father dead, I need you to cooperate with me so I can get you out."

She slowly turned to him, her eyes full of hatred. "Why should I trust a prat like you?"

"Because I'm the prat who can get you out of here."

Jade thought for a moment and slowly looked into his eyes. "Alright, fine, how do I get out here."

Cheverston could feel a smirk tugging at his lips. "When I get a day off and McGee is at work, I'll do my best to figure it out."

"Just one question," he said licking his lips. "Do you know anything about your father owning a vault?"

"What day is it?" She asked suddenly.

Cheverston creased his brows. "Saturday, why?"

She shrugged in response. "I just wanted to know."

"So do you know about your father owning a vault?" He asked anxiously.

Jade furrowed her brows. "Yeah, he keeps it in his room," she cocked her head to the side perplexed. "Why?"