Chapter Ten

Jade's eyes felt as if they were glued together. She forced them open and she let a groan escape her lips.

It was hard to breath and everything hurt. Her arms and legs were shackled together, her naked body freezing cold.

She was back in what Jade called McGees 'dungeons'.

It was dark, cold and bitter. Rats infested the joint, studying her with their beady eyes.

She shifted slightly towards the small stack of hay in the corner but immediately regretted it once pain shot down her spine.

At this point, Death would be mercy.

She glanced down at her body, a sob escaping her dried blooded lips. Bruises and wounds replaced the flesh, her rib cage was showing whilst her arms skinner then usual.

If not sooner but later, she'd die of starvation. Jade had now lost all hope. All she wanted to do was die instead of rotting in this hell hole.

She knew that her father wouldn't find her. McGee was too smart for them and she'll end up rotting here for the rest of her life.

She had to get out.

Had to get away.

---------
She was dragged from the basement by McGee, his dirty chubby fingers tangled in her matted hair.

She stumbled up the stairs as he walked down a couple of corridors.

She took in every small detail. If she was going to escape she'd have to know where she was going.

He roughly shoved her into a small bedroom. The mahogany wardrobe was decorated in beautiful chocolate swirls.

The bed was a dark green with a pitch of black and a splat of red which Jade assumed was blood.

Curling her cold stiff toes into the grey fluffy carpet, McGee dumped a pile of clothes at her feet.

He looked up at her with cold eyes. "Get dressed, try to escape and you might just have a baby coming your way."

He stalked out of the room, slamming the door shut, sending a shiver down Jades spine.

She painfully bent forward, picking up the material. She slowly changed into the baby blue blouse, sweat pants and brushed her knotted hair with her fingers.

She exited the room and looked around to find the corridors empty.

In the distance she spotted a large iron door. She looked behind her to find no trace of McGee.

She could do it, if she sprinted.

Her feet didn't move from her spot. It was as if she was glued to the floorboards.

She knew she had to be patient, outsmart them. This was a test to see if she'd run. His partner in crime was most likely awaiting the other side.

But she didn't have the patience and could no longer take the pain, the agony, the torture.

She didn't care if she ended up dead, she just needed to get out.

She bolted for the iron door as fast as her small stick legs would carry her. Her heart hammered in her chest, and she began wheezing from the broken ribs.

She looked around the kitchen for a source of weapon. She spotted the knife block and took the butcher knife, it's steel shining bright like a diamond.

She looked down the hallway to see McGee smirking at her.

He was the cat, and she was mouse.

And the chase began.