Chapter 4:

Rose POV:

It has been two months since Jack and I started our jobs and our money is piling up. We are saving up to buy a small cottage. With the combination of both Jack and my job's income, we get roughly $2 a day. We work hard, even on the weekends so that we can buy our new home together. By now, at the end of the two months, we have $840.   

"I have a surprise," Jack tells me. 

"What is it?" I smile. 

"Follow me," he says as he turns to walk out of the house. I follow him out. We walk for a while and I watch as we turn streets and I try to memorize the route but it's hopeless. I can't memorize the whole thing. After a few minutes, Jack puts his hands over my eyes and we walk like that for a while. 

"Ready?" He asks. 

"As I'll ever be," I reply. Right then, he lifts his hands off of my eyes to reveal a charming cottage surrounded with trees and a small garden in the front. 

"Oh! Jack! It's beautiful!" I say to him, not taking my eyes off of it. I see Jack smile out of the corner of my eye. 

"I'm glad you like it!" He turns to the cottage "Now, let's look inside," he says. I follow him to the doorstep. He opens the door and I walk inside. To my right, there are three doors. To my left, there is a small kitchen. Directly in front of me is a living room with a couch and a chair. I head to the right and open the door closest to me. Inside, I see a queen sized bed and two night tables on either side and then a dresser on the far right side. 

"This is our room," Jack says from behind me. 

"It's perfect," I say and smile. I turn around and walk to the next room. I open the door and see a small bathroom. I walk to the last room and find a bassinet for a baby and a baby quilt sitting next to it. I look down at my stomach and lay my hand over my baby bump. It has really grown in the past two months and it is roughly the size of a half watermelon. Jack comes up from behind me and lays his hands over my hands on my stomach. I look up at his beautiful face and kiss him. When I pull back, I say, 

"This house is perfect for our little family!"

"I'm glad you think so," Jack says and smiles adorably. We run back to Jack's friend's house and thank him for everything he did for us. We grab our few belongings and start to head out but George stops us. 

"Wait! I have a parting gift for you two!" He says. He removes his hand from behind his back to reveal a one-piece baby outfit. 

"Oh! It's so cute!" I say. "But we can't accept that! " I look at him. 

"You have already done so much for us!" Jack says. 

George looks from Jack to me and says, "Oh, come on, just take it! It's all right! It's the least I can do!" I reluctantly take it from him. 

"How will we ever repay you?" I ask. 

"Your happiness is enough," He answers. I give him a hug, and we head off to our little home. When we get there, I lay on our bed and think about all of the great memories we are about to make. 

_____________________________________________

Sorry, I haven't posted recently, I will try to get back into it! I hope this makes up for it! Please vote for it and comment! That really encourages me! Bye!