Chapter Five

If YN had been told two days ago that she'd be sitting on Park Jimin's very comfortable lap, she would have thought she'd be living the dream.

She's not living the dream. If anything, this is a nightmare.

After Bangtan proclaimed her some 'unity' thing or whatever, she attempted to bolt out of the door. She hadn't gotten very far at all before Hoseok had her struggling form entrapped in his arms, her kicking and screaming not seeming to help at all.

"This is kidnapping! This is illegal! You'll go to jail for this! I'll press charges!" YN shouted, only to be ignored entirely, Hobi passing her like a sack of potatoes over to Jungkook.

The group then shuffled into a very spacious living room, the girl being plopped down onto Jimin's lap while Jin went and put on some tea, saying something about her needing to calm the fuck down.

YN took a break from her struggling to shoot him a nasty glare which he shrugged off.

That leads them to where they are now, YN being a glorified teddy bear to the singer, a low happy sound emitting from his throat as he rubbed his cheek against her neck.

"What are you, a puppy?" The girl asks, attempting to move away.

Taehyung lets out a short laugh, causing YN to seize up.

"Aren't you hogging her? You've been holding her the whole time," Yoongi says, pouting cutely.

"I'd rather not be passed around, thanks," the girl retorts.

Jimin smiles smugly, poking his tongue out at Yoongi.

Hoseok and Namjoon glare at him while Yoongi huffs slightly.

"I don't wanna be with you, either. No reason to look so damn happy about it,"

"Stop fighting, you're all so damn annoying," Seokjin says, handing her a cup of hot tea, "And Jimin, give the girl some breathing room. You're going to crush her to death,"

Jimin doesn't budge at all.

"I'll throw your collection of One Piece figurines out the window, don't test me, boy,"

He hesitates, looking around the room to see everyone eyeing him down. He knows Seokjin well enough to know he'll make good on his threat.

YN is released, but Jimin is full on pouting when he lets her go, like he'll never see her again despite her moving half a foot over to the empty space on the couch.

"Since I'm being held here against my will, the least you can do is explain yourselves," YN says, still looking like she's ready to make a hasty exit at the first sign of some sort of chance.

Seokjin clears his throat and rubs at his wrist.

"I was born maybe seven hundred years ago or so in a vast forest somewhere in the middle of Europe. My family was part of a large coven that ruled over the area. Everything ran smoothly for a very long time. We weren't terribly different than humans. We had our own traditions and culture and were very peaceful creatures, looking out for the forest we called home and living simple lives," Seokjin begins, eyes glazed over as if he's transporting himself back into his memories.

"But then the humans came. They were afraid of us. Terrified of what they couldn't understand," A pause, "We were labeled satanic, devil worshipers. Large groups of angry, hate-filled people came and they burned everything. Everything was destroyed. My people were killed, strung up in the trees they once grew, thrown into the flames,"

He swallows like the words are painful to say.

"At first, a few of us were able to survive. We worked tirelessly to create new protectants, to try and save ourselves. But they just hit harder and those of us who were left ... turned into the monsters they feared us to be. Witches. Vile creatures who dabbled in the dark arts and made deals for the devil. But I couldn't stand to watch the beautiful spirits of those who I held dear turn wretched and evil. So I fled. I pretended to be human, blended in with those who killed every good thing in my world, attempted to find some sort of meaning for my damned life,"