Chapter Four

The park is much warmer and drier than YN remembers. The prickly grass and hard bark of the tree seem to have melted and turned into some sort of soft cotton. It feels like a dream, really.

YN sighs, burying her face in the warm blankets before launching up with a start.

She certainly shouldn't be in warm sheets at the moment.

Had she been kidnapped? Would she ever make it back to her country? Will she be enslaved for the rest of her life?

Panicking, the girl tries to shrug herself out of the tangled bedsheets, rubbing her eyes and planning her escape ... for the second time.

It's really not her day today.

"Woah there, tiger. You'll give yourself whiplash," a voice says fondly, not unlike the tone a parent has with his or her child.

In all of her short-circuiting, YN failed to notice the seven males sitting near her in this dim room.

A light is switched on and YN recoils before getting used to the sight, blinking.

Namjoon stands near her beside, Yoongi and Hoseok glued to his side and staring at her with wide, happy eyes. They look very much like a trio of puppies in an excited mood. Jimin is sprawled all over the other half of the bed, hand lain on his crossed arms, smiling fondly at her. Jin stands across the room, a book held loosely in his hand, eyes trained on her like he's trying to figure something out. Jungkook is chewing on his lip, eyes innocent and sweet but hands clenched tightly at his side, as if he's restraining himself from doing something.

But Taehyung grins at her, his teeth normal and shiny white.

Regardless, she shrieks when she sees him, fumbling and landing on the floor harshly.

All the boys move at once, hands outstretched and voices raised in concern.

"Don't touch me! Any of you!" She shouts, scrambling into a standing position and backing herself up against one of the walls, sliding across the smooth plaster.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asks.

He feels hurt at the way she's behaving, almost as if she's afraid of him.

"You! Don't come anywhere near me, you monster!" She screams, hands shakily holding onto the sheet like a lifeline.

Taehyung comes up short, as if he hit a wall."I - what?" He asks, confusion lacing his tone.

"What's wrong, sweetheart? Why are you scared?" Jin asks, pushing away from his wall.

"Calm down, YN. Nothing's going to hurt you. We would never hurt you," Yoongi says, taking a step towards her.

Hoseok grips the other man's shirt.

"Give her space, Yoongz,"

"What are you talking about, baby girl?" Jimin asks, "You have to be clearer so we can understand you. What monsters?"

"Like you don't know what I mean," She says, accusing glare pinned on all of them.

"Explain then," Tae says, venom lacing his tone.

He can't help but want to hurt her, since his own feelings are injured at the moment. But instead, she looks even more terrified than before, guilt flaring up in his chest.

"Don't be so mean," Jungkook says, his natural voice soothing the girl a bit.

It's melodic.

"If you wouldn't mind elaborating further, it would be a great help, okay?" Kookie continues.