4

Chapter four

The rest of the night she spent looking at the list that Masamune had given her. That name settled into her cabin was enough to completely drive her insane. She wasn't even supposed to be here. It was a fluke, she knew that, but it didn't make it any easier. She found it almost hard to breathe when she thought of the close quarters with him. She didn't want to go into the details with him here, but now she really couldn't wait till her brother could get here and take his place. She would gladly leave and come back to get him if that was the case.

After a quick dinner, they all walked around, and she showed them the different cabins. She hopped in her car along with him as they waved to Masa and a few of the others and she drove to the cabin she had claimed. "So there are a few details you should know about this place.", she started.

"Okay.", he said.

"It is smaller than the rest of the cabins.", she said.

"How much smaller.", he asked.

"A lot smaller.", she replied.

"So we will be cramped?", he asked.

"Something like that. I guess I will let you see the layout before saying anything else.", she said. He could hear the slight tremble in her voice. He had to wonder at that. This was a woman who ran towards danger often without thinking unlike her brother, she would gladly hop into a burning building to assist if needed, and her voice was trembling about sharing a cabin with him? He looked over at her and noticed that she had not spared him a few minutes since the others arrived. She was hiding something from him. He knew it. He wanted to find out what. This may be a better week than he thought it would be.

She pulled into a small driveway. It lead to a small structure right near the waters edge. He got out and looked at it. He turned back to her who was trying her best to look in the trunk. "I see what you meant.", he said.

"I guess we will be tripping over each other.", she said.

"It isn't like you or I haven't been in tighter spots.", he said.

"I guess.", she said.

"When one of the others comes I will go sleep on their couch.", he said.

"Why?", she asked.

"Because the idea of me in that,," he said waving to the house, "Obviously bothers you."

"it does not.", she said.

"Then what is it Mouse? You have been on edge since Masamune handed you that sheet of paper.", he said in that time that she knew he meant everything he had just said. He had been watching her.

"Okay, it kind of threw me for a bit.", she said. "It is just that this cottage is small. It is my favorite. I don't think anyone but me uses it. It will be weird to have you in it as well."

"Honesty.", he said as he moved closer to her slipping his hand under her chin and using a finger to tilt her head up so he could see her eyes. "I rarely get the total truth from someone so easily. I could enjoy that."

"Well, I normally don't hide my feelings. ", she said as she moved her bags to the porch and fiddled with the key leaving him at the back of the car picking up his things and shutting the trunk.

He looked at after her as he stalked his way up the path and said very quietly, "You can almost hide them from me, my little mouse. Almost."

"She was standing in the middle of the main room of the cabin as he walked in. "So we have to have a conversation.", she said as he shut the door.