2

The rest of the week flew by even though she had not much to do at work, she did have things to plan for the upcoming week. She knew her brother who had no children of his own nor did he have a wife or even a girlfriend he had no idea what a group of a few families would want to do regardless of what the adult really wanted to do. She pulled information of the nearby attractions like a small amusement park she remembered as a kid and even another new one that she had heard of through some of her co-workers that was for younger kids. There were shops nearby as well and other things to do besides the hunting and fishing that Darren had planned for. She had got the idea there were three families coming up with the rest coming up in pairs with their wives or their girlfriends. Darren had implied that some of them were doubling up in the cabins which was fine with her. She was taking her cabin that was hers alone. It was the one furtherest away and the one she liked the most as it was one the on the lake.

She knew she would be there, but she figured these men were all at least six years older than her, they should be okay on their own. She hadn't run into Akechi in the halls since the day she took this project on. She wondered who he would bring with him. The thought almost bothered her. It was an ironic twist of fate that they worked together. They had known each other for years, but they had no interaction though when they did have the smallest interaction it was like he was stepping into the role of an older brother. It always annoyed her as well which she thought was an added bonus to him at least. His reputation was that of a  trickster and though he stepped into the role of an annoying older brother he was ever so aloof when asked about something.

Friday had arrived, and she signed out for the next week waving to her boss and packing up her car. She was in the parking lot rearranging some things in the back of her car, and she felt someone approach her back.

"So you are headed up right now?", he asked.

"I should be the first there.", she replied.

"What are you two talking about?", one of her co-workers said as he overheard their conversation.

"Nothing.", both of them said in unison. They both looked at each other and laughed as neither wanted the whole company to know they were both going to the same place. The rumors would run rampant through both of their sections with speculation. She knew he didn't want that especially if he was bringing up someone else. Their co-worker got in their car and drove off with a gentle shake of his head taking no interest in the pair still there.

"I was going to head up as well as soon as I got off of work. I think the rest should be arriving either later or tomorrow morning.", Mitsuhide said.

"So assuming that you are in the parking lot that meant now?", she said with a smile.

"Yes.", he said.

"What about your other half?", she asked.

"Excuse me?", he asked with an eyebrow cocked high.

"I thought this was like a family thing.", she replied.

"It is an excuse, sweetheart.", he replied with a chuckle.

"An excuse?", she asked now thoroughly confused.

"To get together and to show off their newest addition.", he replied. "We do this once a year, so a lot happens in that year. But the simple fact is it is an excuse to relive those good ol' days."

"Oh.", she said.

"So whereas some of them have moved on to the next stage of adulthood others haven't so much.", he said with a smile.

"So you will be by yourself?", she asked.

"That was the plan. I normally am the only one without someone tagging along.", he replied.