"Hey Leo." I smiled at him.

He burst into flames.
I kind of stood there. Waiting.

He finally managed to get it under control but I noticed that he still looked a bit flustered and smoking. 

"W-what i-is it you want?" Leo stuttered.

"I was wondering if you could fix this for me?" I only just managed to bite back a smile. Leo jumped into flames whenever he saw me and I still had no idea why, this fact didn't make it any less amusing when he did. I held up my sword for him to inspect. It was almost like watching cogs turn inside his brain. It was just down right adorable! He was already in his own world, but there was one last thing that I needed to know.

"When can I come back for it?" I asked.

"This time tomorrow." Leo murmured before walking back inside. Gods, he was cute. I couldn't wait until tomorrow when I had an excuse to see him again.

TIMESKIP TO TOMORROW

Leo's pov

It was finally done. I wiped my brow of sweat and rubbed my eyes, trying to keep awake. I looked up at the clock, Y/N would be here any minute now. The thought of Y/N instantly woke me up. I loved everything about her. I wished I wasn't such a chicken and would actually ask her out. What was the point, I already knew what the answer was going to be, and it broke my heart. No one else knew the pain. The pain of being able to hear about them everyday, think about them 24/7. Even squeal every night about how cute they are, but never able to actually tell them they love them. An eager knock at the cabin door broke me out of my thoughts. Speak of the angel. I threw open the door and couldn't help the smoke that curled just inside my field of view. Hey, at least I wasn't completely on fire this time!

"Eager are we?" Y/N laughed once again at my reaction. Gods, her laugh was heavenly.

"Y-yes...I-I mean No!" I can't seem to rip my eyes away from the beauty that is her face. She laughed at me. Oh Gods, have mercy on my heart. There was a silence between us, I wouldn't call it awkward, but then again, I wouldn't call it completely comfortable either. 

"Sooo." I drew the word out and also revealed Y/N's new and improved sword. I loved the way her eyes lit up when she saw dangerous, pointy weapons, it just made my day. "I fixed your sword for you."

"Oh my gods Leo!" She shouted and threw her arms around my neck in a hug, some how doing it without impaling herself with the sword. "Thank you so much! I really loved that sword." My hair was smoking worse now and I was afraid of bursting into flames. So as much as I loved the position we were in, I knew burning Y/N to death would probably destroy any chance I might have with her in the future.

"You're welcome." I couldn't help but smile at the small victory. And I hadn't stuttered either! Y/N released me and I handed her her sword, watching as she looked at the shiny weapon.

"Goodbye, Leo." She whispered to me, ending our conversation there.

"Goodbye, Y/N. Come again anytime." I replied.

"You know I will." She smiled her angelic smile.

Then the next thing I know, I'm back inside and already regretting my life choices. I didn't think my life could get any worse, then a grinning Nyssa walked into the room. Oh great! Just what I needed.

"Did you do it?" She asked, her question implying more then just the making of the sword.

"Yes." I groaned back. "And I already regret it."

"You won't." She assured me.

"And how do you know that?" I asked incredulously. All Nyssa did in reply, was to tap the side of her skull as if she knew all the secrets of the universe.

TIMESKIP TO LATER TODAY

Y/N's pov

I found myself, once again, admiring the masterful handiwork of Leo. We were sitting at the campfire and I loved the way the fire reflected off the weapon, making it gleam as though it had just come out of the flames and was still burning with molten energy. I don't know why, but I found myself inspecting the pommel of the sword. I found something there that sort of threw me off my feet.
A heart.
A heart with Leo's name beneath it.
I rubbed my thumb on it, tracing the word that secretly meant so much to me.
It clicked.
I had pushed too hard on the pommel and it had pushed in. I was panicked and confused. Unsure of what to do, when all my questions answered themselves. The pommel clicked off and into my hand. I notice the inside is hollow and I marvel, once again, at the genius that is Leo. He must have had to work really hard to keep the weapon so familiarly balanced. Paper slipped out of the pommel and into my hand. I opened it up to see messy handwriting that I knew could only belong to Leo.

Hey Y/N,

I'm writing this because I was wondering something. Something I'm to scared to ask you myself, face to face. I'm too scared that I already know what the answer will be.
I understand if you don't return my feelings. I understand if you hate me. You're not the first and I know for sure that you won't be the last.
I love you Y/N. Always have, and I know I always will.
I love you so much.

Leo

I scanned the note again, reading the words to myself.
I needed to find Leo.

Leo's pov

I could hear feet approaching. Feet patterns I had memorized. Y/N. Oh my gods, oh my gods, oh my gods. I wasn't going to burst into flames. I wasn't going to burst flames. I wasn't going to- Y/N walked in and I immediately burst into flames. Dammit. Y/N just raised an eyebrow at me. I finally got the fire under control and I was a blushing mess, the look on Y/N's face was obvious proof of this. She held up the note for me to see and I regretted ever fixing that sword.

"So," She began, breaking the awkward silence between us. "You already know the answer then." She said with a cocky grin, almost triumphant. My heart shattered. She seemed confused by the look on my face, as if she hadn't meant to harm me at all.

"Yeah." I spat bitterly, this was one heartbreak I knew I would never be able to forget.

"Wonderful!" She laughed and rushed forward. Before I knew it, her lips were on mine. I swear, I didn't do anything. When she noticed I wasn't kissing back she pulled back, confused. "You are Leo, aren't you?" Always with the sarcasm.

"The one and only." If she had permission to be sarcastic, then so did I.

"I love you to Leo." She shocked me. "And I've waited way to long to say that." She pulled me in for another kiss and, for once, I didn't catch fire.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Hello again everyone! Remember, you can still request stuff and I'll add it in with the other ideas I have going.
Till next time my pretty psychos.
AlyssCat