chapter 5: "our feet leave the ground"

My heads throbbing. The last thing I remember is blacking out after being shot in the arm with what felt like an injection. I slowly open my eyes and find myself looking at a large room with four beds two on each side. Next to every bed there is a double cupboard, there is also a two seated sofa on one side of the room and next to that there's Isa long mirror stuck to the wall. Despite the amount of furniture the room is not cluttered instead there's still so much space. There's stone coloured walls and beige carpets, altogether the room felt quite homely. The thought is slightly disturbing considering I was miles away from home. I get out of the bed and look realise I'm dressed in new clothes. I shudder at the thought of the people here getting me dressed while I was all blacked out. I find a pair of cream pumps on the foot of my bed which they seemed to match with my clothes. I don't bother wearing the flats, instead I walk over to the mirror. I look at my reflection stunned. I'm wearing an of white dress coming down half way down my thigh decorated with a bit of lace paired with denim skinny jeans. My hair hanging lose over my shoulders slightly messes up from my sleep. Well I don't know if I was sleeping but I sure didn't suffer from any nightmares, that was a first. I smooth down my hair. I realise that for once I actually look... Pretty. Something moves behind me. I turn startles by the sudden movement then notice a blonde girl sitting up in the bed next to mine. How did I not see her there? She shakes her head slightly and I realise my throbbing has faded. As she turns her head, I smile. "Eleanor" I exclaim happy to have her as my roommate. She looks slightly bewildered "Oh hey aria" she says as she gets up patting down her hair. She's dressed in a pastel pink dress and black skinny jeans. She also seems to notice the change in clothes. "uggh please tell me they did not get us changed" she says looking disgusted. Im about to say I guess so but the door opens.

Through the door a tall slightly muscular boy with brown hair which could basically be black, hazel eyes and a complexion that suggests he must have some Asian background, possibly mixed race. He has a victorious look on his face and catches his breath as if he had just been running he yells down the hall. "Chace I beat you!" he then turns to face me and Eleanor his expression looking slightly confused. A second boy, chace I guess stops next to the first boy. "Zayn you always..." he trails of as he looks at us. I feel my eyes widen as I look at him. He's similar height to the boy Zayn, with a lean built, but he has dark brown hair, that crooked smile and deep blue eyes. I recognise him immediately and without thinking, "chace" I say. He frowns then looks at me "how do you know me?" he asks walking towards his bed. I frown does he not remember me?  

"Chace Ethan right?" I say it more like a statement then a question I know exactly who he is why bother pretending?  

"Yes but when was the last time you saw me?" he asks. Now I'm getting really annoyed. Eleanor seems to get that all this questioning is useless because she butts in.  

"Gosh she must of seen you back at home" Zayn who is now sitting on the sofa looks up his eyes looking Alert. Chace looks shocked but I can see a look of hopefulness as well on both their faces. I guess Eleanor and I are going to have to break things down to baby talk so I carry on.  

"guys you know home, place where we came from on a super fast train because the other side of London think we're freaks and now we're..." Chace cuts me short. He walks towards me and stops a few inches away.  

"Aria" he says loud enough for Eleanor and Zayn to hear.  

"Now you remember" I say sarcastically. He smiles. 

"I never forgot" I don't know why but for some odd reason I feel myself blush. Maybe its just the close distance or the tone he used when he said he never forgot. Zayn breaks into my thoughts. "Chace they're like us" he says with a grin on his face. Chace smiles and I can see the excitement flood his eyes. "umm aren't we all the same here in this place?" Eleanor asks. Chace shakes his head. Zayn looks slightly worried then says, " look we can't explain now but you guys must be hungry its already 6.00" I realise that I am actually hungry. Eleanor and i both agree to the suggestion so Chace and Zayn both lead us out.