S E C O N D

S E C O N D
[ What are the structures of Hangul? ]

The first structure of Hangul is shown below.

Illustration:
- 1st letter with the second letter
- 1, 2

Example:
English: What?
Hangul: 뭐?
Romanization: Mweo?
Explanation:
- M/ㅁ is the first letter and we have to put the second letter beside it which is the WEO/워.

Example:
English: You
Hangul: 너
Romanization: Neo
Explanation:
- N/ㄴ is the first letter so we put the second beside it which is the EO/어.

Note: This structure occurs when the word only have two letters and/or when the word's syllable contains two letters.

The second structure of Hangul is shown below.

Illustration:
- 1st letter
over 2nd letter
- 1 / 2

Example:
English: Who?
Hangul: 누구?
Romanization: Nugu?
Explanation:
- U/우 is placed under N/ㄴ because the letter U should always be placed under any letters. Same with the second syllable.

The third structure of Hangul is shown below.

Illustration:
- 1st letter with 2nd letter
        over 3rd letter
- 1, 2 / 3

Example:
English: Man
Hangul: 맨
Romanization: Maen
Explanation:
- M/ㅁ is the first letter then write the second letter ( AE/ 애 ) beside it and at the bottom of the two, write the third letter ( N/ㄴ ).

Example:
English: Really
Hangul: 진짜
Romanization: Jinjja
Explanation:
- Guess what? This example is the combination of the first and second structure! Yipieee! Now let's proceed. Really in Korean is Jinjja. So Jinjja has two syllables; jin and jja. Lets's write the first syllable using the second structure. J/ㅈ will have I/이 beside it and N/ㄴ below. The second syllable uses the first structure. Syllable is Jja so we put the JJ/ㅉ and A/아 together. 진짜!

The fourth structure of Hangul is shown below.

Illustration:
- 1st letter
over 2nd letter
over 3rd letter
- 1 / 2 / 3

Example:
English: Me
Hangul: 나는
Romanization: Naneun
Explanation:
- The first syllable is NA. So we put N/ㄴ and A/아 together. The second syllable is the example third structure. Neun. Since the second letter to N/ㄴ is a vowel, we should put it under the N/ㄴ and then put another N/ㄴ under it.

Example:
English: Jungkook
Hangul: 중국
Romanization: Jungkuk
Explanation:
- J/ㅈ is the 1st letter and since we cannot put U/우 beside it, we'll put it under J/ㅈ and then add the third letter which is NG/ㅇ. The second syllable is Kuk so again, 1st letter K/ㄱ, under it is U/우 then add another K/ㄱ.

The fifth structure of Hangul is shown below.

Illustration:
- 1st letter with 2nd letter
   over 3rd and 4th letter
- 1, 2 / 3, 4

Example:
English: Nothing
Hangul: 없어
Romanization: Eobseo
Explanation:
- When we pronounce eobseo, it will turn out like this 'eobs-o' so we should also write it the way we say it.

...