Turtlejou

Kinkajou.

The bubbly, cheerful, optimistic RainWing who was always happy and excited.

She wore blinding colors on her scales: golden yellows; pastel pinks; deep purples that glowed in the shadows. She was never angry, never sad, never grumpy.

But at the same time, she had taken down Darkstalker in the most clever way in Pyrrhia: she got an enchanted strawberry (yes, a strawberry) and fed it to Darkstalker, turning him into a half NightWing half RainWing hybrid baby dragonet, Peacemaker, a RainWing who loved strawberries, mud pies, and singing.

Who would have thought Kinkajou, the ball of fluff, would have taken down the most powerful dragon in all of Pyrrhia?

Well, Turtle did.

Turtle was sure Kinkajou would never love him. After the love spell, it had been really awkward between them, or as Kinkajou would put it, mega-awkward. Kinkajou had told him that her feelings for him weren't completely gone, and Turtle had freaked out and said they should talk about it later.

Turtle was sure the happiest, nicest, cutest, smartest, most adorable dragon in Pyrrhia would never love him.

Indecisive Turtle had one thing he was sure of: Kinkajou would never have real affection for him.

~^~^~^~^~

Turtle.

At first, Kinkajou had thought Turtle was a literal shadow, since he had perfected the skills of being one: quiet, shy, blends into the crowd.

Kinkajou hadn't thought that the common SeaWing could have done anything. But she was wrong.

Because of Turtle's impressive sneaking, stalking, and eavesdropping skills, they were able to learn a lot.

And he was an animus. A really, really paranoid one.

Kinkajou had heard about Fathom, Darkstalker's friend-turned-enemy, from both Moon and Turtle. Fathom was Turtle's ancestor, and it totally made sense: shy, soft-hearted, paranoid, nervous, unsure of themselves.

Suddenly, in the healer's hut at Possibility, Kinkajou had felt these weird emotions erupt in her stomach whenever Turtle went by. Whenever he was unsure of himself, compliments would pop up in her brain for him.

Yup, Kinkajou was in love.

Then Turtle had told her it was fake feelings from Anemone's spell.

Her world had collapsed.

She really thought she could love Turtle.

But nah.

Strangely enough, even after Anemone had taken the love spell off of her, she felt the butterflies erupt in her stomach, but more real, more heart-felt, whenever Turtle talked to her.

The day she confessed hadn't gone as beautifully as she had dreamed of.

It was downright awkward. She had felt Turtle's confusion and indecisiveness sweep into her as clearly as if she was Moon.

Kinkajou wouldn't give up. She knew that Turtle was indecisive, but there was a chance.

She wouldn't believe, never ever ever, that there wasn't.

~ ' ~ '~

Kinkajou smiled and brushed away the lichen closing access to Turtle's cave. She had decided that she would finally ask Turtle out.

She really wished it had been the opposite, but Turtle was too shy.

Turtle jumped in the middle of writing a scroll. He quickly shoved the pot of green ink away and rolled the scroll up neatly. Kinkajou grabbed it out of his talons swiftly and opened it.

Hawk swooped gracefully on to the ledge and landed, folding his shimmering turquoise wings as he did so. Toucan landed beside him, stretching her violently colorful wings out. They were a summery yellow with bright green on the ends of her wings. Hawk twined his tail with Toucan's, and her wings turned a vivid hot pink. She wrapped her wings comfortingly around Hawk. Hawk couldn't believe this bubbly, positive RainWing could ever love him, the nervous, shy SeaWing.

The whole world suddenly went dark, and Hawk woke up in his lonely cave at Jade Mountain Academy, starting another day with him and Toucan just being friends.

"Is it good?" Turtle asked nervously, fidgeting.

Kinkajou tried changing the names into hers and Turtle's, and realized that that was what Turtle did. He wrote a story that was based on him being Hawk, and... her being Toucan. Did he want to.. be more than friends?

"I WILL!" Kinkajou yelled and hopped a foot in the air, her wings the most blinding shade of hot pink ever.

''''''''''

The second Kinkajou had picked up the scroll, Turtle had nearly died.

But he watched the joy flood onto her face as she figured out the meaning of the scroll.

Turtle felt the anxiety coming in, like a tidal wave crashing against the shore.

And then Kinkajou jumped high in the air and screamed, "I will!"

Turtle knew instantly what she meant.

They swooped high and low in the limited space of Turtle's cave. And whenever they grew tired, they twined tails, held each other's talons, and rested, never talking, always loving.

Graduating.

Mating.

Raising dragonets.

But throughout the way, always loving.