Ripnami

A/N: Hiya! I'm doing Ripnami today, since Riptide and Tsunami are meant for each other! Enjoy!

Tsunami was finally, finally , able to visit Riptide. He was on an island, not far from the Bay of a Thousand Scales. That frog-faced squid-brain had at least sent a letter.

The first one:

Dear Head of School,

Head of School, are you missing me? I know you are ;).  

How's life at Jade Mountain? I bet it's fun to see so many dragonets that you can boss around?

Come visit me soon. You know where my island is. I know you miss me, squid-brain. 

Well, Tsunami, I miss you too. And PRACTICE YOUR AQUATIC!

The royal squid-brain,

Riptide

For the hundredth time, Tsunami delicately folded the paper closed and slipped it in the satchel around her neck. As she flew across the air, she thought about Riptide.

Riptide was handsome. His blue scales glinted aquamarine in the daytime, but they shone ocean blue at night. He was a skilled fighter, and kept a calm mood. Tsunami, who was always on edge and tense, was always a better dragon near Riptide, who kept her calm and made her think before she acted. 

Well, Tsunami still thought it was useless. Fighting and self-defense existed for a reason.

But Riptide.

Riptide.

Tsunami loved him.

As she swooped gracefully down onto the island Riptide called home, she felt a tug at her heart.

And tensed.

Tsunami pricked her ears, sensing motion around her. 

Out of the bushes, a deep blue and aquamarine male dragon slipped out.

Tsunami leapt at him, her claws extended.

She swiped at sand, flopping down on her stomach on the beach. 

"I know you too well, Head of School."

Tsunami looked up. She saw a teasing smirk on the dragon's face. His  snout, which she had slashed up during a fight on their first encounter.

"Riptide!"

She hurtled toward the SeaWing, leaping on top of him. He fell to the sand, dragging Tsunami along with him.

His wings wrapped around her, giving her comfort. "Aww, missed me, didn't ya?'

Tsunami's cheeks were a  deep red as she looked away bashfully. She quickly changed the subject. 

"Only one letter, squid-brain?!" 

"Well, it's not as if you sent anything back." Riptide answered smoothly.

She looked away again. She'd done many drafts, each one going to waste. She was so bossy and commanding around everyone else, and didn't need to think twice about what she said. But with Riptide, it was different. She never had any idea what to say that would be perfect.

They got up. 

"You know, you should tell your mother about us." Riptide said.

"Us?" Tsunami knew perfectly well what Riptide was implying, but avoided it coolly.

"Yeah." Riptide gave her a really? look. 

"I don't know what you mean."

"Head of School, you're always so poised and bossy with everyone else. Didn't know you were so awkward."

"Frog-faced squid-brain, I know perfectly well what you're implying," Tsunami said, and got more serious. "And yeah, I know I should. But..."

"...You don't know what she'll say." Riptide said, finishing her sentence. 

"Yes."

"Doesn't matter to me, though. I love you, and that's never changing. I'll protect you with my life, Tsunami, and you know it." Riptide said.

"This is not going to turn cringey, right?"

"Maybe." The last she saw of Riptide was a smirk before she was swept into a kiss.

It wasn't passionate, or super romantic, or heated. It was purely love. 

Caught off-guard, Tsunami was frozen for a few seconds. Then she kissed Riptide back, deeply. They twined tails, and his wings wrapped around her sapphire-blue ones. 

After a minute, they broke apart, slightly panting. Tsunami gave Riptide a soft smile, kissing his cheek. She buried her head in his neck.

"I love you, Riptide."

"I love you too, Tsunami."

For a second, Tsunami didn't care about Starflight, Sunny, Clay, or Glory, or her reputation. She only cared about Riptide.

Riptide was the one thing that made Tsunami seem like she was the best dragon in Pyrrhia.

And she would fight for him with her life.

Forever and ever.