Bonus I: Birthday Party

Wow I got over 650 reads and just like I promised. Here's the first bonus chapter. Let's get to 700 for the next. :3

It's been a little over a year since I've moved to Tulsa. My dad was finally transferred to jail in New York and I was eternally grateful.

My birthday is tomorrow. The gang still doesn't know and I intend to keep it that way.

I hate when attention is on me. I'm not that special.

I might convince Johnny to take me out or something as a date instead of telling him.

I still live at the Curtis house. Johnny and me both stay in Pony's old room.

I had a pregnancy scare a few months back but it turned out to be a false alarm. Dallas was so pissed when he found out.

Johnny was over the moon though.

I was sitting in my room drawing in my sketch book. I had almost completely filled it out with pictures of the gang and stuff.

Johnny walks in and plops on the bed.

"Hey darlin." He says sweetly crawling up so his head rests on my thighs.

"Hey."

"I'm tired."

"I'll bet. You've been at work all day." Soda pop and Steve hired Johnny to help out at the DX to earn a few extra bucks.

"Yeah. It's was crazy." He says snuggling closer to me. I smile and put my book down and pet his hair.

"I missed you."

"I miss you too."

"Good. Hey. Can we go on a date or something?"

"Tonight?" Johnny asks tiredly.

"No. Tomorrow."

"Why tomorrow?"

"No reason." I tell him. He shrugs.

"Depends baby." I nod slowly and suddenly I hear Johnny's snores. My poor baby. Always tired.

"Hey Vix. We're all going to the movies tonight. You and Johnny coming?"

"Probably not Pony." I tell him. He nods and leaves the room.

I slowly feel my lids start to drop and I lay down slowly careful not to disturb Johnny and cuddle up in his chest.

I fell asleep soon after.

*****

I woke up the next morning felt something tight around my waist.

I look over and see Johnny holding me tightly. I smile slightly and wiggle my way out of his hold and make my way to the bathroom.

I relieve myself and washed my hands and walked out to the kitchen to start breakfast.

I had just got a pan out and was about to get some eggs when I felt someone's arms going around my waist and I'm being picked up.

At first I thought it was Johnny until I heard the scream.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY SIS!" It was Dally. I slung me around and I dropped the pan making a loud noise and Dally took me out to the living room and threw me on the couch and started tickling me.

"Dally s-stop!" I laughed. He continued tickling me and screaming happy birthday. Soon Pony, Darry, Soda and Johnny were standing in the doorway alarmed.

"What on earth is going on out here!" Darry yells. Dally stops tickling me and looks at them with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"It's Vixens birthday."

"What! How come you never told us!" Soda yells.

"I don't want attention."

"But it's your birthday." Pony says.

"Yeah. But I didn't want y'all to know."

"Why not?"

"I just said."

"Well now we know. We're doing something." Darry says.

"Fine. Nothing to extreme please."

They all nod and Darry goes to the kitchen and picks up on the breakfast I never started.

Johnny sat beside me as Dally and Pony went out for a smoke.

"How come you didn't tell me it was your birthday?"

"I didn't want it to be a big deal. I just thought we could spend it together without you knowing is all."

"Well if you told me earlier I woulda got off work and spent the day with you."

"Johnny you can't afford that."

"I would stay home for your birthday."

"Come on Johnny. I ain't that special."

"You shut your mouth. You're the greatest thing that has ever happened to me you hear?" I nod slowly. Johnny had never raised his voice like that.

"I'm sorry. I just don't like you talking bad about yourself."

"It's alright Johnny. Thank you."

"So kid where do ya wanna go today?" Dally asks coming back in.

"I don't know..." I trail off.

"How bout we go shopping again huh? Swipe a few clothes and get something to eat. Sound good?"

"Sure. Can Pony come?"

"Why not. You going to work today Johnny?"

"Yeah man. If id a known sooner I woulda called out man."

"Yeah. Vixen sure is stubborn. Get dressed kid. We're leaving after breakfast." I nod and head back to my room and change into one of Johnny's t shirts and a pair of jeans and some old beat up converse.

I tucked in the shirt and wrapped my hair in my bandana and applied just a little bit of makeup and walked out to breakfast being out on the table.

I smile and take my place. Johnny and Dally sir on either side of me.

"Happy birthday kid." Darry tells me. I thank him quietly and eat my food quickly.

Steve and Two Bit came in soon after we started eating and grabbed a plate of their own.

"What's y'alls plans for today?" Two Bit asks.

"Pony and Dal are takin Vix out shopping for her birthday." Soda explains.

"It's your birthday?" Two Bit asks. I nod sheepishly.

"Shoot count me in."

"Yeah since she didn't tell no one none of us got off of work so we'll just do something later tonight." Darry says.

"Sounds cool. Hey kid how old you turning?" Steve asks.

"16." I reply quietly.

"Good deal. Hey Johnny you wanna skip out of work today?"

"Nah man. Vixen will be pissed if I do." Johnny laughs and I scowl at him.

"You sure?"

"Yeah man. I'll just spend time with her later." Johnny looks at me lovingly and I feel my cheeks heat up.

He smirks and I look down at my plate.

"Let's go kid. Time to start up your best birthday ever." Dally says patting my back. I finish my food quickly and stand up following Pony, Two Bit, and Dally out the door.