Part V

I was woke up by a loud yawn coming from beside me. I open my eyes and see I was in a strange room.

Memories of last night came back and I remembered. I had found my brother. I had slept over.

I looked to my side to see Dally was stretching his limbs out. He looked over at me and smiles. He pulled me in for another hug and I hugged back.

"Gosh. Wait till the boys meet you." He says placing a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

I was confused by what he meant but I was to tired to ask him who he was referring to.

Dally got up suddenly and I was left on the bed. Slightly cold from his lack of warmth.

"Get ready. We're gonna go out to eat and then stop by a buddy of mines place." He says. I nod slowly and get up.

My bones ached from being asleep. Dally left the room and I changed into a pair of black jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Seeing as I was meeting people I didn't wanna gross them out with a few scars and bruises. However I had another shirt on underneath in case I got hot later on.

I put on a pair of shoes I had. The only pair really. And made my way outside to find Dally siting at the booth. Somehow now he had a shirt and was wearing boots and he had a leather jacket draped over his arm.

"See ya Buck. Takin my little sister out for breakfast." The Guy I met last night nods his head and Dally leads me out of the bar.

We walked down the side walk and Dallas pulled out a cigarette. He lit a match with his necklace and took a drag. He looked down at me and offered.

"I've never smoked before. Dad would have killed me if he found it." I reply.

"Come on Vix. That jack ass can't hurt you no more. Take a drag." He offered it again and I slowly took it with trembling fingers.

I brought it to my lips and took a hit.

As soon as the smoke hit my lungs I was a coughing mess and I quickly handed it back to Dallas. He was chuckling.

When I had caught my breath I noticed.

"W-what?" I ask hoarsely.

"Come on. You gotta take more hits than that. It's gets better trust me." He hands me the cigarette again. I'm not sure I really liked this.

But I hit it again because Dallas was wanting me too. So I brought it back to my lips and took a slow hit.

The smoke filled my lungs and I coughed just a little bit. I handed it back and blew some of the smoke out.

"Not so bad." I reply. Dallas smirked and we kept on walking. Soon we made our way to a small place with a sign that said 'The Dingo'.

There was a crowd out front and it looked like two bikers were getting ready to brawl.

Is he takin me here to kill me?

Dallas maneuvered our way through the crowd swiftly however and soon enough we were inside.

"Sorry kid. This place is where people go to fight sometimes." He says. I nod slowly and we take a seat and waited for a waitress to come out and take our order.

Golly, she was a trampy little thing. She wore her shirt up past the middle of her thigh and the shirt she wore came down awful low. Her hair wasn't a natural blonde.

I noticed Dallas smirking at her while checking her out. That of course made the blonde giggle and smack her gun loudly. She also wore an awful lot of makeup.

She asked for our orders and growled at me before making her way back to the kitchen. I look at Dallas.

"So tell me about yourself." I shrug slightly.

"I get in a lot of trouble back home. I've stolen some stuff and got hauled in a few times but they never kept me long. Dad made sure of that." I said and gulped quietly.

"Man. I still can't believe my baby sister is alive." Dallas said almost above a whisper as he stared at me dumbstruck.

"I can't believe it either really. There were times when I was certain the old man had hit me to hard or somethin. Once I woke up in the front lawn all bruised up and bloody." I tell him.

Dallas looked at me sadly.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone baby. But hey, I won't ever leave you again you hear?" I nod slowly and Dally ruffles my hair playfully.

"Good kid. So what do you like to do?" I shrug again.

"I'm not really allowed to do much. Just sit in my room and draw or whatever."

"Really now, can I see some of your drawings?" I quickly shake my head no and Dally frowns.

"Why not?"

"Cause I left my book back home. Didn't think I'd need it here." I reply shyly looking down at my feet.

"Shoot kid. You coulda still brought it even if you's just lookin at the pictures."

"I see your point now. Sorry I didn't bring it."

"That's alright kid. I'll swipe you a new one Alright?" I nod slowly.

"What do you like to do?" I ask him. He looks almost taken aback by this.

"Well I like bein in rodeos and stuff. I like danger. Like that feelin you get runnin from the cops yeah? It's great man." I nod slowly.

"Yeah I know what ya mean. Sounds nice."

"Yeah. Look the foods out." Dallas says. I look over and see our waitress coming over with 2 plates in her hand.

She set them down quickly and walked away after giving Dallas a slight wink.

"You know, before yesterday I've never even seen so much food on one plate." I tell him.

Dally looks at me sadly again and I continue eating.

"Didn't mean to bum ya out." I say while blushing.

"Shoot kid. That ain't right. If I ever see that old man again I'll be sure to beat him somethin fierce. For all the pain he's put you through."

I nod slowly not really knowing how to respond to that. It was highly unlikely that old man would get off his ass long enough to come all the way to Tulsa. I doubt he even knows either of us are here.

Besides he probably thinks I'm dead.