Part VI

When we were done eating Dally payed the ticket and we went back outside. The sun was warming up and I was slightly regretting wearing a long sleeve. I'll change when we get to his buddies house.

"So your friend. What's he like?" I ask quietly. Dally laughs slightly.

"Which one? I got a bunch."

"The one we're goin to see." I reply.

"Ah. Well my buddy Darrel lives there with his 2 brothers. But a few others bum around too. Me occasionally if I get hammered or something or I need a place to hide from the cops."

I nod slowly.

"How many are there today?" I ask.

"Well 3 of em are probably at work by now. That won't stop the others from hanging out man. Maybe 3 or somethin."

"So 6 people including you stay at that house all the time?"

"Well not all the time. Unless we need to ya know." I nod slowly. I didn't really understand that. Didn't they have houses of their own.

Maybe they're like me. Maybe they need a place to escape too to get away from their home.

I shook my head of thoughts and realized we stopped outside of a gas station.

I look at Dally confused. His buddies didn't live here did they?

Dally sensed my confusion and he walked us right in.

"2 of my buddies work here. They won't be home til later so I want you to meet em now." I nod slowly and he takes me to the back.

"Sodapop look who it is." I heard someone say before I saw them. When I did I saw two handsome fellas around my age.

One had dark brown hair covered in hair oil combed into complicated swirls. His uniform was cut up at the sleeves and he was shirtless underneath.

The other one was real handsome. Like someone you'd see off a movie or somethin. He had dark gold hair and brown eyes.

They looked over at us confused.

"Hey Dally. Whose the broad?" One of them asks. Dally walks us closer and lights another cigarette before answering.

"I'd like y'all to be the first to meet my kid sister Vixen." Dallas says after puffing our a cloud of smoke.

The two boys widened their eyes and looked at us confused.

"Dally you never told us you had a sister." One says. Dally sighs beside me.

"Yeah. I don't think she made it living in New York all these years so I never brought her up. But she Came knockin at Bucks place last night askin for me." Dally explains.

"Well Golly Dallas. That ain't right. Whats that you said her name was?"

"She sure is a looker." The other one says earning a flick to the ear.

"Don't try nothin man. I'll do a lot worse than that. Her name is Vixen." Dallas' voice was scary for a split second when he yelled at the one.

I gulped and shrunk back.

"Look what ya did Dally you scared the poor girl." One scolds.

"I'm sorry kid. I didn't mean it." Dally says. I nod slowly and I was slightly shaking.

"Golly. She's worse than Johnny huh?" One asks. I looked over at Dally confused. Whose Johnny. But he just looked down slightly nodding his head.

I didn't wanna pressure them into telling me. Maybe 'Johnny' was at that house Dally mentioned where everyone went to get away from something.

"Well I just wanted y'all to meet her since ya won't be home till later. We were headed to your house Soda." Dally says.

"Alright. Well take care." We both nod.

"Dally what's their names?" I ask curiously. We were about I walk off but Dally stopped us.

"That there is Steve." He says pointing to the dark haired one.

"How old is he?"

"17. And that one over there is Sodapop. He's 16."

"Sodapop? That's a funny name."

"Yeah kid. But he's proud of it so hush up." He says jokingly. I nod slowly and wave goodbye to the two boys.

They wave back violently. We continued walking again and Dally pulled out yet another cigarette and offered it to me.

I took it and he lit it up with the match. I took a slow drag before I puffed the smoke out.

Man if anything calms you down faster than a cigarette that'd be damn near impossible to find.

When I smoked as much as I wanted out of it I handed it over to Dally who finished it off before crushing the butt with his boot.

We soon made it to a little white house in the corner of a small neighbourhood. Dally walked us straight inside without even knocking.

I followed him cautiously. When I made it inside I saw 3 boys sprawled out in the living room.

Mickey Mouse was playing on the tv and they were sharing a chocolate cake. One was drinking a beer upside down on the sofa and I wondered how he did it.

The other two looked a little younger. One had bleached blonde hair and hazel eyes. He looked kinda like Sodapop.

The other was very tanned and had greasy black hair. It was combed to the back yet some still came out front and covered his forehead.

They all turned their attention towards us and I noticed the tanned one had a scar on his cheek and I couldn't help the gasp that came out.

"What's wrong?" Dally asks. I shake my head. I didn't think it would be polite to talk about someone's scars in front of them.

"N-nothin." I reply.

"Golly Dally. Whose this pretty broad?" The one in the couch asks. He was wearing a Mickey Mouse muscle shirt and he had chocolate cake on the sides of his mouth.

"This is my little sister Vixen." Dally says.

"Yeah right. You don't have no sister." The one in the couch says again.

"How come you never brought one up Dal?" The one with the bleached hair asks.

"Didn't see the need to." Was his simple reply.

"She lived in New York?" The one on the couch asks. Dally nods.

"Well welcome to Oklahoma kiddo. How old is she Dally?"

"15." He responds. He nods slowly.

"Well I'm Two Bit." The one in the couch laughs slightly. What is with these people and weird names?

"That there is Ponyboy and Johnny." Dally says pointing to each one. The one called Johnny looked over to us and I could tell he wasn't used to strangers.

He seemed all shy and scared. He didn't say anything so far.

The one called Ponyboy was looking at me. Almost as if he were trying to figure something out.

Dally sat on the sofa beside Two Bit and I asked where I could find the bathroom.

Ponyboy told me quickly and I went back. Didn't think it was polite to take off my shirt in front of them.