Chapter 4

Dang, another month went by. At least it wasn't a year lol. I hope you like this chapter. Google docs said it was like 5 or 6 pages. Sorry not sorry.

--LeeAnn

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Jackson P.O.V)

Looking at the little girl curled up next to me, it has me thinking how I will never have a mate. In some ways it's a good thing because I do not have to worry about dying and knowing my mate will feel my soul leaving her and raising a child on her own. But everyday I think of how I will not feel the lovers embrace or get the chance to have children of my own. My mate died a long time ago. We just found out we were mates and were out in the woods playing around. I should have stayed alert more because the next thing I knew, she was in the jaws of a rogue and my sides bleeding. I did not feel her soul leave because we were not fully mated but it still hurt knowing we will never have a future together. Looking at Abby reminds that I could never have a kid, never be a father.

Knock Knock

I looked up as my front door opened. I growled in warning, not know who it was. I raise myself over Abby who is still sleeping on my side. I see my Beta and Alpha walking through the door, being quiet as the closed the door. I stopped my growling and sank back behind Abby. "Hey Jackson, we just wanted to check on her." Beta Ron said.

"She is emotionally tired. I am just so angry for her." I licked her head as she started to move and she calmed right back down.

"Well she will need to stay with a family until she is 16, then she can stay in the pack house." I look up at the Alpha like he was crazy.

"She will never go for that."

He looked confused, "How do you figure?"

"She just lost her family and you want to put her with strangers? She needs to stay with someone she feels comfortable with and who can handle her emotional changes."

"Well Mr. Senior Warrior, do want to take that job on?" Beta Ron said while chuckling. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"What? I mean I understand her emotional changes but I can-"

"It's settled then." The Alpha interrupted. "You will take care of young Abby here. You seem to understand what she needs and can take care of her the best. Her initiation into the pack is tonight. She will start training within the next few days. We will find her ranking in those days as well." He started walking to the door with Beta Ron. "I will have her dress sent here around 6. The ceremony will start at 7." They left without another word. I looked at my wall clock at it was 5:30 already.

I sighed and looked down at Abby, I was shocked to see her eyes opened and staring at me. I nudged her up so I could stretch and get some clothes for her and me. Shifting back, I quickly threw on some shorts and a tank top. I looked through what I had that was small so she wasn't drowning in my clothes. Finding what I needed, I walked back to the living room to see Abby sitting in the living room looking around but still looking depressed. "Here are some clothes for you to wear while we wait for your ceremony dress. But there is a few things to talk about so shift quickly." I walked to the kitchen to get some water, knowing she will be thirsty. I heard footsteps walking and just held out the glass for her.

"Thanks." She whispered walking the small kitchen table I had.
"So how much of the conversation did you here?" I sat down across from her so I can see her reaction to everything.

"I heard Alpha Nick Talk about me staying with you and how I have my ceremony tonight and so on." She doesn't even look up from the glass of water.