Chapter 36 ~ Battle Stations

Start from the beginning

"You are right, it is scary, I am sorry baby," wrapping his arms around me and I caved against him, taking the comfort that he was readily offering me, "there is no way that I am ever going to allow anything to happen to you,"

Breathing the masculine scent that I recognised as his. I didn't want to leave his arms, I feel 100% safe in these arms. Shielded from his psycho ex~wife, whom I am not ashamed to admit; scares the living hell out of me.

"I need you to do something for me?"

"Anything..." I swear I would follow this man to the ends of the earth if he asked me.

"Well, I am going to call Ryan and tell her about her mom; I was hoping that you'd call Paige and inform her of what has happened?"

"Of course, I can do that baby," I nodded, pulling back from him, and sliding my hand into his, "come to the kitchen and get your coffee first,"

My world was now a far cry from what it had been when my dad had been alive. It is surreal and at points, like now, it feels a little overwhelming. However, I had just thought it ~ I would follow this man, into the depths of Hell if that was what was needed.

Once he had his coffee cup in his hand, I moved to the patio doors and stepped out onto the decking; the cool breeze from the ocean had seeped past the beach front houses, and hit me where I stood ~ I love that smell, I love living near the beach, it was serene and as always, it had the desired effect of calming the fear deep inside me.

Jeffrey placed his lips to my forehead and moved to the other end of the decking, and pulled his phone out and dialled the number of his daughter, Ryan. Lighting myself a cigarette, I dialled Paige's number, "hey honey, don't tell me ~ something has happened?" my friend answered the call.

"Hey honey, uhm ~ your dad is on the phone to Ryan, and he asked me to call you..."

"What's wrong?" instantly her back was up, I knew from the tone in her voice, she knew that something wasn't right.

"It seems that your mom has gone missing from the psyche ward..."

"What? How? When?"

"2 weeks ago, she told her doctors that she and your dad were going to try and make a go of their marriage and that she was moving back in with him,"

"You have got to be kidding me? Does anyone know where she is?"

"No," I admitted honestly, "your dad is waiting for the doctors to call him back, he practically ripped them a new one,"

"Go dad," Paige giggled, "are you ok?"

"Scared," I admitted, who knew that I would become more comfortable in admitting my vulnerability, "but I can tell you now, I know that she is around here somewhere ~ she will be watching, waiting for her perfect moment to take me out,"

I had no delisions, of what that woman wanted to do to me. I was with the man, that she loved and in her twisted mind, getting rid of me, would make him free to fall in love with her again.

Sitting on the steps that led down on to the green grass, I inhaled deeply on my cigarette and began to chat with my best friend, talking about what we all needed to do and how we all had to be on guard until Lizzy was found and reinstituted in the psyche ward.

One thing I know ~ I am not walking away from Jeffrey; he is the man I am going to love until the day I die. So, yes she would have to kill me because there was no other way that she would get rid of me. The realisation of how I feel about this man; eased my fear about his ex.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan...

Glancing across at Emily; while I stuffed my cell phone back into my pocket; she really was stunning, and I couldn't take my eyes off her. Seeing her laughing; I am glad that she is trying to mask her fear, but it was visible to me, at least.